Can object detection and pose recognition be done simultaneously on imx8mplus??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can object detection and pose recognition be done simultaneously on imx8mplus??

dpcivl
Contributor III

Hello, I'm a user working with an imx8mplus development board. I have developed programs for object detection and pose recognition using Python. For object detection, I used the ssd-mobilenet tflite model, and for pose recognition, I used the movenet tflite model.

However, I am facing a problem where the memory allocation fails because the code defining the capture for object detection and pose recognition overlaps.

```cap = cv2.VideoCapture('v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! video/x-raw, width=640, height=480, framerate=30/1 ! videoconvert ! appsink', cv2.CAP_GSTREAMER)```

I am using the above code in both the object detection and pose recognition programs, but it seems to cause issues since one camera is being used for two GStreamer pipelines simultaneously. Is there a way to perform detection for both object recognition and pose estimation at the same time using a single camera?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

brian14
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dpcivl

Thank you for contacting NXP Support.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any example or demo that is tested and guaranteed on our side.
However, I found that you can apply an asynchronous execution in your python script to apply one model and after this model have finished you can execute the second model.

Please have a look on the following reference:
concurrent.futures — Launching parallel tasks — Python 3.12.1 documentation

Have a great day!

0 Kudos