cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i.MX6DL 2D GPU handle YUV422?

satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our partner have some questions about i.MX6DL 2D GPU.

[Q1]

According to chapter 9.8.1 in IMX6SDLRM Rev.1, we can understand i.MX6DL 2D GPU cannot handle YUV444, right?

Then, please see mxc_jpeg_test.tgz in JPEG hardware decode and resize in i.MX6.

According to g2d.c in mxc_jpeg_test.tgz attached the thread, the demo application looks it can convert YUV444 to YUV422 by GPU.

So we want to clarify i.MX6DL 2D GPU can handle YUV444.

Could you let me know it?

[Q2]

If i.MX6DL 2D GPU cannot handle YUV444, what is happen when input YUV444 image to 2D GPU?

Nothing is output?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Bio_TICFSL, is this something supported by GPU?

0 Kudos

isaac_ng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For [Q1], g2d.c found in in JPEG hardware decode and resize in i.MX6

A function named yuv444sp_to_yuv422sp() (Line 34-58) found in g2c.c is used to do the YUV444 to YUV422 conversion. It is implemented in SW.

satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi Heifatisaac Ng,

Thank you for your reply.

According to your reply, i.MX6DL 2D GPU cannot handle YUV44, is this right?

In this case, could you give me a reply to Q2 also?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos

isaac_ng
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

[Q2]

If i.MX6DL 2D GPU cannot handle YUV444, what is happen when input YUV444 image to 2D GPU?

Nothing is output?

There is a G2D API user guide being released in both Linux and Android BSP.  In which, it list out the support format.

• In i.MX6 LTIB L3.0.35_1.0.0-GA BSP release, it is named as i.MX_6_G2D API.pdf
  • In i.MX6 Android JB4.3_1.1.0-GA BSP release, it is named as: i.MX_6_G2D_API_User_Guide.pdf
  • In i.MX6 Yocto L3.10.17_1.0.0-GA BSP release, it is named as: i.MX_6_G2D_API_User's_Guide.pdf

Anyway, the supported format is listed as the follows. Thus, from programming point of view, when you fill in the input format and the format is not supported, for example, YUV422, it will exist accordingly from the programming logic.

Clipboard01.jpg

Thus, from programming point of view, when you fill in the input format and the format is not supported, for example, YUV422, it will exist accordingly from the programming logic.

0 Kudos