cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can audmux route two ext ports?

zhihetu
Contributor I

Hi All,

I'am working on imx6q platfrom, the aud3 connected a codec, and the aud6 connect a pcm device eg: a phone. currently, I need the audio output from aud6 directly to aud3, I have read the AUDMUX of the IMX6DQRM,  this should be work. But How do I create  a virtual sound card to do this?

If the audio come from aud2 to aud6, the aud2 is connected to a ssi, then I can create a sound card like this:

static struct snd_soc_dai_link imx_dummy_4g_dai[] = {    {        .name           = "HiFi",         .stream_name    = "HiFi",         .codec_dai_name = "dummy-codec",         .codec_name     = "dummy-codec.0",         .cpu_dai_name   = "imx-ssi.1",                 .platform_name  = "imx-pcm-audio.1",         .init           = my_init,         .ops            = &imx_dummy_4g_hifi_ops,     },};

But for the ext port aud3 and aud6, I do know how to config this, cpu_dai_name? platform_name?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Zhihe

may be useful virtual sound card patch:

Simple-card without codec for testing purpose - Patchwork 

Two ext ports can be routed, for various audmux configurations one can look on

AN2628 Programming Audio Applications

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN2628.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos