cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPMEM control registers

jeanmitchel
Contributor I

Hi,

i found a similar post in this forum, yet no answer was provided.

In IMX6DQRM.pdf I am trying to find where the CPMEM registers (there should be a total of 2*5*80 registers of 32bit per IPU).

With debug enabled, dmesg prints the following:

Jun  8 13:54:10  kernel: imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: initializing idma ch 21 @ c0900540.

0x0240_0000 is the base address of IPU1, despite 37.5 IPU Memory Map/Register Definition placing at at 0x0260_0000

0xC090_0540 seems to be the offset for -probably- the first REGISTER for the CPMEM for IDMA channel 21 in IPU1.

I would hence expect channel 0 on 0xC090_0000. This may be the virtual address of course, otherwise I can not relate this to IPU1 at all.

However, i do not find CPMEM at all in 37.5 IPU Memory Map/Register Definition. Could you point to it? In other posts the reply is "use this address it works", but i would like to find it in documentation".

Thanks.

KR

Jean Mitchel

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

please refer to Qiang Li answer in the following thread

Writing to the IPU's CPMEM region 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos