cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building QT5 on imx6 w/o Yocto

Jump to solution
athomas
Contributor III

Has anyone done this without using Yocto or cross-compiling?

I have a 3.10.31 kernel running Debian(Jessie) on a imx6 board. I built X.org/Xserver from scratch and wrote a script to create .deb packages (using equivs) for the built from source dependencies. That all seemed to work and the QT I installed with apt seems to work - except for opengl functionality. The OpenGL functionality is failing on what appears to be what the imx6 Qt5 build instructions for yocto patch qxlibeglintegration.cpp for. 

I have been getting some build errors and was wondering if anyone else has done this. I notice a number of discussions to using yocto/cross-compiling.

Compiling 5.4 I ran into a Qt build issue with dbus dependencies that Qt is currently patching (as in the patch was reviewed days ago).

So I moved to 5.3, but I am still getting some issues. They are in the test, so I am going to -no-make tests, but I wanted to see if anyone else had done this.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
athomas
Contributor III

I got Qt 5.3.2 built with Open GL support on top of my custom built X. The only problem with the apt-get version of Qt is the visual ID bug. It took a little playing around. I would suggest avoiding -j option for make. Make all seems to trigger building the tests and examples despite what you configure.

On 3.10.31 kernel with server 1.15.2. Qt version 5.3.2.

Qt Example > Open GL > Hello GL Es: 100 FPS no problem. The application is driven off a timer so I bumped up the frequency and had no problem with 200 FPS.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
athomas
Contributor III

I got Qt 5.3.2 built with Open GL support on top of my custom built X. The only problem with the apt-get version of Qt is the visual ID bug. It took a little playing around. I would suggest avoiding -j option for make. Make all seems to trigger building the tests and examples despite what you configure.

On 3.10.31 kernel with server 1.15.2. Qt version 5.3.2.

Qt Example > Open GL > Hello GL Es: 100 FPS no problem. The application is driven off a timer so I bumped up the frequency and had no problem with 200 FPS.

0 Kudos
athomas
Contributor III

I was able to get Qt to fix a EGL configuration mismatch bug that is going to be rolled into 5.5, but in the mean time you can replace the hard coding patch for the EGL configuration with the patch linked at:

[QTBUG-44290] IMX6 - Failure to match EGLConfig and X Visual buffer depth crashes app - Qt Bug Track...

When Debian moves to Qt 5.5, with a properly built X, the Debian Qt packages should work with hardware acceleration. Other than the EGL configuration mismatches that prevent using hardware acceleration the Debian Qt packages worked when previously tested.

0 Kudos