Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booting from uSDHC1 in i.MX6UL custom board

Jump to solution
punitkumar
Contributor IV

Hi

I've made a custom board using i.MX6UL G2 variant and need to boot OS form uSD card connected to uSDHC1 port.

Following are the pins can be used for card detect function-

CSI_DATA05

GPIO1_IO03

UART1_RTS_B

EVK board use UART1_RTS_B for card detect function, but as all three are in list, I've connected GPIO1_IO03 in my board and because of what I can't boot from uSD card as the CPU can't detect any card in slot because of this changed CD pin.

I've tried replacing the pin in EVK as well and it's also showing the same behavior.

Now my question is how can I shift the CD function to GPIO1_IO03 so that I can boot from sd card?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Punit Kumar

0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Punit

for SD1 booting only UART1_RTS can be used according to Table 8-18. SD/MMC IOMUX Pin

Configuration i.MX6UL Reference Manual.

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf 

As for linux one can refer to sect.32.2.3 Devicetree Binding attached Linux Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Punit

for SD1 booting only UART1_RTS can be used according to Table 8-18. SD/MMC IOMUX Pin

Configuration i.MX6UL Reference Manual.

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf 

As for linux one can refer to sect.32.2.3 Devicetree Binding attached Linux Manual.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

punitkumar
Contributor IV

Thanks Igor for the information.

It seems I need to make another board to get sd card work.

Regards

Punit Kumar

0 Kudos