次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

Boot freezes after "iMX6 PCIe PCIe RC mode imx_pcie_pltfm_probe entering."

2,538件の閲覧回数
marlonsmith
Contributor IV

Hi everyone,

I'm working on porting kernel 3.10.17 to a custom hardware board using the i.MX6S.  The kernel boots part way, and then freezes with the message "iMX6 PCIe PCIe RC mode imx_pcie_pltfm_probe entering.".  We don't have any PCI hardware on our board.

I've tried disabling PCI support using menuconfig at Bus support->PCI support.  In the board dts file there is nothing that sets up PCI, and in imxqdl.dtsi there is a section for pci but it's set to "disabled".

When I boot kernel 3.0.35 it works properly, and that message is never displayed.  However I'm not the one who ported that kernel to our board so I don't know how it was done.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Marlon

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
6 返答(返信)

2,061件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marlon

it may be recommended to rebuild anew image using attached documents,

alternatively one can try to debug it using

AN4553 Using Open Source Debugging Tools for Linux on i.MX Processors

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 件の賞賛
返信

2,061件の閲覧回数
marlonsmith
Contributor IV

Hi Igor,

I've been using those manuals and I've disabled PCI express in the kernel config.  I would expect the message to disappear after that since PCI express should be disabled, but that line still shows up.

0 件の賞賛
返信

2,061件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marlon

could you try this on Freescale reference board ?

Best regards

igor

0 件の賞賛
返信

2,061件の閲覧回数
marlonsmith
Contributor IV

Unfortunately no.  I have a Wandboard but not a Freescale board.

On the Wandboard, with kernel 3.0.35, the message shows up but the board still boots.  When using kernel 3.0.35 on my board, that message does not show up and the board boots.  I believe I need to disable PCI express so that it will skip the call to imx_pcie_pltfm_probe when booting kernel 3.10.17, but I can't figure out how to do that.  Disabling PCI completely in the kernel config does not make a difference.

0 件の賞賛
返信

2,061件の閲覧回数
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marlon

this may be specific for this board only, in general

support for board software is provided on board vendor

forums.

Also one can post this to meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone

familiar with this board could try to assist you.

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards

igor

0 件の賞賛
返信

2,061件の閲覧回数
marlonsmith
Contributor IV

Thanks Igor, I actually just figured it out.  It turns out u-boot was loading a different kernel than I expected, so my changes weren't actually taking effect.  Once I pointed u-boot to the correct kernel I was able to solve the problem.

0 件の賞賛
返信