cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best image for IMX6DL Sabre auto

ajayvenkatakris
Contributor II

Hi,

I need to build an image for IMX6 Sabre auto. Which would be the best image that can be built using a linux machine? My requirements are that the apt-get command should be working and that the gui should work as well.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

piyushashtikar
Contributor II

1.use fsl-community-bsp to build images (google it)

2.in local.conf add this line

IMAGE_INSTALL_append=" apt-native"

3. enter command

bitbake core-image-x11

Follow these steps thoughtfully, you will get a image precisely as you need without any extra items.

minimal image with gui and apt package manager.

If boot time and image size is not a constraint use a ubuntu rootfs provided by freescale.

Regards,

Piyush Ashtikar

piyu4391@gmail.com

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Please mark answer correct if you find it useful.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ajay

for ubuntu (using apt-get command) one can check

Installing Ubuntu Rootfs on NXP i.MX6 boards | NXP Community 

For ordinary linux one can look at nxp bsp releases located on

http://www.nxp.com/products/microcontrollers-and-processors/arm-processors/i.mx-applications-process...

================================================================
Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos