Best/Popular Python Modules for i.MX6 Peripherals?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best/Popular Python Modules for i.MX6 Peripherals?

dougshade
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello- I am soliciting guidance on which are the best / most popular Python modules to engage when addressing i.MX6 peripherals:

• RGMII
  • USB OTG
  • ENET
  • UART
  • I2C
  • CSI Camera interface
  • LCD Display Panel
  • SD Card Slot
  • GPIO
  • SPI
  • QSPI (Flash)
  • CAN
  • i.MX Audio Mux

Thanks All For Your Guidance! -Doug

Labels (1)
2 Replies

dougshade
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you gusarambula... Thank you for the pointer to python.org... indeed there are LOTS of modules to choose from... and that is the help I am seeking here. I am looking for specific module recommendations for to support the above peripherals. There are so many to choose from... and without experience in any of them, I have no idea which are "best" suited to i.MX - or are otherwise most popular amongst the Python user community. Your contributions are most welcomed. Thanks Sincerely! -Doug

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Doug Shade,

Since the BSP does not itself support Python out of the box there is no much information on libraries and its use for the i.MX6 BSP in particular.

You would need to install python on the Linux image for the board. From there you should be able to use the plethora of libraries available. One good place to start is the Python Package Index (https://pypi.python.org/pypi) where you can see a list of available packages for Pyhton.

The drivers would be handled by the OS with python interacting with it.

I hope this at least gives you an overall idea of the next steps. Perhaps some community users can share their own experience with it.

Regards,

0 Kudos