Assistance with CSI Camera Integration on NXP i.MX8QuadPlus-MEK with Android Automotive OS

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Assistance with CSI Camera Integration on NXP i.MX8QuadPlus-MEK with Android Automotive OS

387 次查看
OmerSakarya
Contributor I

Dear Support Team,

I have acquired the iMX8QuadPlus-MEK with the extension breadboard, the MX8-DSI-OLED1 display, and the MINISASTOCSI camera.

I am currently trying to bring up the CSI camera module on Android Automotive OS. The steps I've followed include both running pre-built images, both for Android and Android Automotive for different provided versions (both car and car2 configuration), but could not get the camera working. To test the camera I am simply using the Android built-in Camera application, which crashes immediately after it's opened.

Besides the pre-built images, I have synced the NXP automotive codebase using the provided scripts (exact repo manifest attached), built and flashed the output images, but this does also not fix the issue.

To further troubleshoot the issue, I modified the DTS file based on the Linux pre-built image (ported some seemingly relevant nodes), where the camera test works without issues. I have ensured that the Omnivision kernel driver is enabled, and upon observation of the kernel console, no obvious or relevant errors have been detected. Despite these efforts, I am still unable to successfully integrate the CSI camera with the Android platform.

Finally based on logcat logs which hinted that no front or rear camera is detected, I've further tried setting the below system properties, however this did also not make any difference:

"""
setprop back_camera_name ov5640_mipi,ov5642_camera,ov5640_camera
setprop front_camera_name uvc,ov5642_camera,ov5640_camera
"""

It is likely that additional steps or configurations required to enable proper functionality, or even worse, the existing DTS configuration is incorrect. To assist in diagnosing the issue, I prepared some relevant logs and configuration files. These include:
- Kernel boot logs and configuration.
- Relevant DTS node configuration.
- Repo manifest file

Any insights, recommendations, or instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Omer

标记 (4)
0 项奖励
2 回复数

326 次查看
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Just for checking hardware one can test it with linux using AN12187 Quick Start Guide for MINISASTOCSI for i.MX 8M Evaluation Kit
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12187.pdf

Is for MX8M but the same rules applies to MX8QX.

Regards

0 项奖励

306 次查看
OmerSakarya
Contributor I
I have tested the camera and made it work on the prebuilt Linux image dedicated for this board from NXP website. This required to use a proper dtb file set in Uboot and replacing kmssink with waylandsink. The problem is related to Android Automotive, prebuilt and built locally, as described in NXP page for Android Automotive - there it seems not to work at all, no matter what changes were made in the dtb files. A step by step guide would be very helpful
0 项奖励