cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android/Communicating with M4

koodain_pekka
Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm trying to get started with communication with M4 using mcc in Android environment but have hit a wall. I've managed to get ping_pong example working with yocto build but for some reason M4 is not getting anything when I'm trying to replicate the same demo using Android. I have changed TARGET_BOARD_DTS_CONFIG in BoardConfig.mk and enabled config flags for mcc tests.

Any pointers what I am doing wrong or what should I be trying next?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I have not tried that out, but which kernel are you using? the one generated on Android build or the the generated by Yocto?

Best Regards,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

koodain_pekka
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using the one generated on Android build.

BR, Pekka

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I know there might be a few differences and tweaks you need to perform to the Android kernel. But it is worth trying with the kernel generated by Yocto, that way we can narrow down the possible problem and find the differences.

/Alejandro

0 Kudos

koodain_pekka
Contributor I

It will be probably faster if you could help me with the steps on how to try yocto kernel with Android.. Thanks!

0 Kudos

koodain_pekka
Contributor I

I tried by building imx_3.10.53_1.1.0_ga branch from linux-2.6-imx with android_v7_defconfig and created a boot.img. It booted successfully and now the M4 side probably sees the messages from A9. Problem is that it's all messy and setting 'uart_from_osc' doesn't help at all. But there's something happening at least..

BR, Pekka

0 Kudos

alejandrolozan1
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I can try it out, but this will take me a few days, depending on the workload.

/Alejandro

0 Kudos

koodain_pekka
Contributor I

Hi Alejandro,

Any updates on this - did you manage to find any time to check it out?

BR, Pekka

0 Kudos