cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 9 image burn at sdcard IMX6

Jump to solution
leonardoprates
Contributor III

I have Android 9 running on IMX6 board with SDCARD. I can burn the sdcard using a script provided by NXP at out/target/product/sabresd/. It's works, no problem. At Android 6 I can copy the result SDCARD using a sdcard duplicator machine or DD at Linux without any problem. Now in Android 9 sdcard, that uses GPT, this copy doesn't work, even with linux dd raw copy. Anyone have a idea of reason for a raw copied SDCARD doesn't work (boot)? Are there some kind of verification or anything else that can explain this?

Thank you,

Leonardo

0 Kudos
1 Solution
leonardoprates
Contributor III

Answer my own question:

Android uses GPT and the table is at last 512 bytes of the card. The script write this table exactly at this position of the card. If I try to reproduce the sdcard, it will work only if the cards are exaclty the same size. If not, the table will not stay in the last 512 positions and device will not boot.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
leonardoprates
Contributor III

Answer my own question:

Android uses GPT and the table is at last 512 bytes of the card. The script write this table exactly at this position of the card. If I try to reproduce the sdcard, it will work only if the cards are exaclty the same size. If not, the table will not stay in the last 512 positions and device will not boot.

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You could download the Android 9 documentation from here

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/embedded-software/i-mx-software/android-os-for-i-mx-applications...

There is Android User's Guide. Please read the Chapter 5 "Programming Images" for more information.

0 Kudos