Adjust Brightness with Gstreamer

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust Brightness with Gstreamer

itaigolan
Contributor II

Hi, I'm using an imx8mp on a variscite dart board and a basler camera. I have a pipeline that can display the video at 60fps:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! video/x-raw, width=1280, height=960, framerate=60/1 ! imxvideoconvert_g2d ! waylandsink

What I want to do is modify the brightness of the video. I tried adding a videobalance into the pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! video/x-raw, width=1280, height=960, framerate=60/1 ! videobalance brightness=0.3 ! imxvideoconvert_g2d ! waylandsink

However when I do that the framerate of the video drops to single digits. I also saw that we could possibly do this through the v4l2src but I haven't tried it and we're planning to use a custom camera so we don't think that that approach would work with our camera. Does anyone know of a way to modify the brightness of the video while maintaining my framerate?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The MX8MP and basler don't have any brightness control but the current development state the controlling the display brightness directly with the PWM. and

USB_VIDEO_VIRTUAL_CAMERA_VC_INPUT_TERMINAL_ID,      /* ID of the Unit or Terminal to which this Terminal is
                                                           connected */
    0x00U, 0x00U, /* This field indicates the maximum digital magnification, multiplied by 100U */
    0x02U,        /* Size of the bmControls field, in bytes: n */
    0x00U, 0x01U, /* Brigthness control */

but it;s the only thing we have.

Regards

0 Kudos