Adding pre-installed java app to Android build

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding pre-installed java app to Android build

LarryLamb1z
Contributor II
I developed an Android Java app that I am successful in installing using adb, but I want this app to be a permanent application on our device.  How do I go about adding this to the other native applications so that it is available after reflashing the microSD card and booting Android?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

LarryLamb1z
Contributor II

Hi Daiane,

You're correct the Android app was created in Eclipse and I'm trying to port it over to the i.MX53 QSB, but I'm wanting to add it to the Android OS build we're performing for our embedded device.  I tried to copy the whole Java project directory over to my src/packages/apps directory and add a separate Android.mk file, but the development script (make) fails in the base_rules.mk (line 161) and nothing gets built.  There must be a list of pre-installed apps that the make application uses to build the Java projects.

Daiane Angolini said:

Hi, I don´t know if I understand rightly. But I think you have a app, but it´s java non Android.

You can use Eclipse and "port" your java source code into an Android project. Once you have an Android project, you can generate the apk and install it using adb to your device.

Please, let me know if I miss something.

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I don´t know if I understand rightly. But I think you have a app, but it´s java non Android.

You can use Eclipse and "port" your java source code into an Android project. Once you have an Android project, you can generate the apk and install it using adb to your device.

Please, let me know if I miss something.

0 Kudos