cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an external platform library to AOSP

Jump to solution
imoya
Contributor I

I'm trying to add an external library to my AOSP (v9.0.0-2.0.0) image by following the instructions provided with said library. The instructions are:

cd <aosp source folder>/external/libgpiod

mm

Then I run luch and then make to build the image then I flashed it to the SD card. But when I the library commands it via adb shell, none of them work. Although I can see that there are some files name the same as the library in the /out folder.

Is there any way to debug this? The log file isn't helping me very much.

The library in question is https://github.com/technexion-android/platform_external_libgpiod

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Que tal @imoya ,

You do not need to add this library, it is already in the Android BSP of the board that you have, it is not necessary,  If you add a new library then need to be reported to the Android System, besides the Linux Kernel of the system.  some  kind of security features.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
imoya
Contributor I

Thank you James,

yes the library was already included but that wasn't the case for the command-line tools of libgpiod, that was the reason why the commands didn't work.

0 Kudos
imoya
Contributor I

@jamesbonethanks for your feedback. I think there is something I am not understanding from this library.

When I try anyone of the shell commands none of them work. I get this output:

dart_mx8mm:/ # gpiodetect
/system/bin/sh: gpiodetect: not found

And its the same for the rest of them, gpioinfo, gpioget, gpioset, gpiofind and gpiomon. If it is already installed, shouldn't they work?

Thanks again,

best regards

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think you need to contact Varicite, the board Manufacturer, in order to understand if the BSP has something else in the Kernel or in the rc file,  that need to be configure to use in the command shell the library.

Have you try to use it in an APK or in a program?

0 Kudos
imoya
Contributor I

Yes, I'm already in touch with them, but because of holidays in Israel I haven't got a reply yet.

I'm doing as you advised right know. I will post my results here.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Que tal @imoya ,

You do not need to add this library, it is already in the Android BSP of the board that you have, it is not necessary,  If you add a new library then need to be reported to the Android System, besides the Linux Kernel of the system.  some  kind of security features.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos