A requirement to realize hdmi+oled and display the same content on imx8mq Android platform

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A requirement to realize hdmi+oled and display the same content on imx8mq Android platform

pyh0603
Contributor III

Hello,

Release: android_p11.0.0_2.6.0

Board: i.MX8MQ EVK

I have a requirement to realize hdmi+oled and display the same content on imx8mq Android platform.

1) I noticed that the document i.mx8mq evk display selection guide mentioned the dual display of imx8mq Android platform, but it is only the dual display scheme of hdmi+hdmi (MIPI-DSI to HDMI), and the resolution is only supported 4K@60fps + 720P@60fps , as shown in the following figure:

pyh0603_0-1659513872661.png

2) According to the document 《i.MX 8m dual/8m quadlite/8m Quad applications processors reference manual》, as shown in the figure below, I noticed that imx8mq has two display controllers, namely display controller and lcdif. Therefore, if HDMI + OLED dual display is to be realized, HDMI must be driven by display controller and OLED must be driven by lcdif.

pyh0603_1-1659513916508.png

3) I noticed that the nxp official Android image of NXP is Android_ p11.0.0_ 2.6.0 has a device tree of arch/arm64/boot/dts/freescale/imx8mq-evk-lcdif-rm67191.dts, but if I use this device tree, OLED does not display content, and HDMI does.

Now I have two questions:

1. I found that many users have hdmi+oled dual display needs. Why does NXP official not provide hdmi+oled dual display solution? Is it because the hardware can not meet the requirements, or the workload of the software is too large?
  2. Why does MIPI-DSI to HDMI only support 720p resolution under the hdmi+hdmi (mipi-dsi to HDMI) scheme, because hardware resources are limited to 720p? Or other reasons?

Thank you!

I look forward to your reply!

0 Kudos
0 Replies