cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4GB RAM with GPU - Galcore driver issue

rohith_chinnasw
Contributor II

hi,

We are using a IMX6 Quad core SOM with 4GM RAM. we are using the Vivante/galcore driver and having problems with the integration if we are using the 4GB RAM. If we limit the kernel(in linux OS) to have 2GB RAM it works fine, but when we use the whole 4GB RAM, the system reboots and not stable. 

Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround or a fix to use the whole 4GB RAM for it?

-Rohith

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rohith

issue may be related to memory errors and one can run ddr test

and update image with new calibration coefficients found from test

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V3.00 

Recommended to try with latest nxp linux L4.14.78

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rohith_chinnasw
Contributor II

Thanks Igor. Here is the error we see.

[   60.649285] gcmkONERROR: status=-1(gcvSTATUS_INVALID_ARGUMENT) @ gckKERNEL_MapVideoMemoryEx(398)

[   60.658098] gcmkONERROR: status=-1(gcvSTATUS_INVALID_ARGUMENT) @ gckKERNEL_LockVideoMemory(1392)

[   60.666971] gcmkONERROR: status=-1(gcvSTATUS_INVALID_ARGUMENT) @ gckKERNEL_Dispatch(2146)  

The issue seems to be similar to this issue below but for 2GB instead of 3GB.

Vivante GPU driver and 4GB DDR 

Also note that in our case even if we set RAM size in kernel  to have 2GB+1byte, we see the issue.Our Kernel is on version 4.14

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rohith

mentioned thread was for i.MX8M and relates to its ddr memory

region above 1_0000_0000, details can be found in sect.2.1.2 Cortex-A53 Memory Map

i.MX8M Reference Manual. For i.MX6Q there were no 4GB DDR or (2GB + 1 byte) memory

known issues. Since issue happens on custom board may be recommended to proceed with

NXP Professional Services | NXP 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos