cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX8MM kernel 5.10: Initialize DSI host before the peripheral

Few
Contributor I

Hi all,

I am currently having problems getting a MIPI-LVDS bridge to work on the i.MX8MM with kernel 5.10.
I suspect that one of the problems is also the initialization sequence. The bridge has the requirement that DSI already provides stable data before a corresponding initialization via I2C (within the atomic_enable drm-bridge-function) can be performed.

I have now become aware of the pre_enable_prev_first flag. Applying this patch [PATCH v3 3/5] drm/bridge: Introduce pre_enable_prev_first to alter bridge init order -- DRI Develop... does not cause any change in my case.

What must be done to ensure that DSI delivers stable data when atomic_enable of the bridge is called?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The initalization of MIPI-DSI change in 6.1 kernel version so please upgrade your project, but I do not see why if this related to MIPI LVDS is a different thing.

Regards

0 Kudos

Few
Contributor I

Hello @Bio_TICFSL,

thank you for your quick reply. 

Since I use Android and my project is based on the Android 12 BSP from NXP, an update to a newer kernel is currently not planned.

Is there any information on the initialization sequence of MIPI DSI in combination with a bridge for kernel version 5.10?

Best regards

0 Kudos