Trying to include v4l2-utils (or equivalent for v4l2 C app development) to a multilib Yocto build

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to include v4l2-utils (or equivalent for v4l2 C app development) to a multilib Yocto build

kippowens
Contributor IV

I'm a new i.MX developer, so apologies in advance if this is a misguided question.

We're using some third-party software that requires that we run our i.MX 8M Nano user space applications in 32-bit mode (on Yocto).  The requirements for that application are pretty simple.  However, we're also working to integrate some work that requires the v4l2 development libraries and headers.

These are showing up and are usable in the 64-bit, but my attempts to include lib32-v4l-utils for the 32-bit space have lead to a long list of these errors:

ERROR: Task (virtual:multilib:lib32:/home/ubuntu/var-fsl-yocto/sources/meta-imx/meta-bsp/recipes-graphics/imx-gpu-viv/imx-gpu-viv_6.4.0.p2.4-aarch64.bb:do_package_qa) failed with exit code '1'

That appears to be an issue with either running the wrong compiler (maybe?) or perhaps a bad recipe?  I'm honestly shooting in the dark here, so any assistance that others may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello kippowens,

i.MX8MN is 64bit ARCH. If you want to build 32 bit applications on 64bit OS, please read the Yocto User's Guide 5.6.9.

Regards

0 Kudos

kippowens
Contributor IV

Thank you for your response.

As noted in my subject, I was using (per the user guide) the multilib configuration to enable 32-bit applications.

In the end, I was able to get things working by falling back to an older tag of the Dunfell release (and making some fixes to the freescale recipes that had some architecture typos / errors that popped up with the multilib config).

0 Kudos