where can i find the right version of Zig Bee stack user guide ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where can i find the right version of Zig Bee stack user guide ?

mailraghunathan
Contributor II

I am working with the zigbee lightbulbs application example - JN-AN-1218-Zigbee-3-0-Light-Bulb. I see that the function ZPS_vNwkNibSetPanId is used in the code (funciton declaration is also present in the SDK - JN-SW-4170) and tried to find the documentation about the function in the ZigBee stack userguide - JN-UG-3113, but i could not find it. This has happened to me with some other functions also. It looks like i do not have the correct version of the Zig Bee Stack user guide. I have version 1.5 from september 2018. I am not also able to find any latter version on the NXP site. I would be thankful for any ideas to get to the correct documentation version. Thanks !!#

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

mailraghunathan
Contributor II

Firstly thanks for the reply. I have no specific purpose for this function right now. I was trying to adapt the lightbulbs application for my application and was trying to understand the existing code when I came across this function. I looked up for the user guide to find out what this would do and was unable to find . I had come across such functions in the past also and just started doubting if I am using the right documents. So I put up this question.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Raghunathan,

That's the documentation that we have available to share right now. Some functions are not described in the API guides because they use proprietary NXP code and cannot be shared.

Additional documentation can be found in the following page of our website:

ZigBee 3.0 Software, Documentation and Resources

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ragunathan, I hope you're doing well!

The value for PAN ID is generated randomly by the PHY 802.15.4 layer, and the ZPS_vNwkNibSetPanId function calls the MAC_vPibSetPanId function of the 802.15.4 stack to do this.

Is there a specific reason as to why you want to use that function?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

mailraghunathan
Contributor II

Firstly thanks for the reply. I do not have a specific use for the function. I was working on adapting the example light bulbs application for my application and in the process trying to understand the existing code. I looked up what the function does in the stack user guide but could not find . I faced such functions , also in the past , and started doubting if I was using right version of the user guide. So I put up this question.

0 Kudos