Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

struggling to get started with FRDM-KW019032

gavinsmith
Contributor II

Good afternoon

I have the FRDM-KW019032 demo boards.

1st problem. plugging them into a windows 10 PC seems to brick the units. To get them back, I need to plug into a PC running Win 7, then copy the "frdmkw01_connectivity_test_eu.bin" back onto the board.

But my main issue is trying to get anything to compile using IAR.

I am following this link

FRDM-KW019032|Freedom Development Platform|Kinetis®|NXP 

I get to step 3.2, click the "SMAC" button to bring up the pop up

1. Build the platform library

Open the "Connectivity_Test.eww" IAR workspace.

Upon opening the workspace, I get two errors

The project 'ksdk_freertos_lib' contains the unknown tool 'Coder'.
The project 'Connectivity_Test' contains the unknown tool 'CMSISDAP_ID'.

Then step 2

After the workspace is open, some projects are shown: One for the KSDK platform library and one for the demo application. Build ALL the required KSDK libraries by right clicking on the SDK projects and click on 'Make'.

Throws up a bunch of fatal errors about not finding various source files eg

Fatal Error[Pe1696]: cannot open source file "fsl_device_registers.h" 

Fatal Error[Pe1696]: cannot open source file "fsl_adc16_driver.h" 

even if I add the include paths, it will then error on other things. so it almost looks like some configuration settings are not being loaded with the workspace? (Is it a version mismatch between my IAR tool and the version the demo was created on?)

I downloaded IAR from the link in step 2.2 of this page

FRDM-KW019032|Freedom Development Platform|Kinetis®|NXP 

its version 6.40.5.4275

and common components 6.4.7.2442

Finally i got a colleague to follow the tutorial on his machine as well, and he got the exact same errors.

Any ideas?

Labels (1)
5 Replies

gavinsmith
Contributor II

OK I have sorted out the problem. - Wrong version of IAR installed.

Can I point out a couple of errors on this page.

www.nxp.com/FRDM-KW019032/startnow

2. Get software

2.2 Install Your Toolchain

This link takes you to version 6.4 of IAR, which is the wrong version and gives all the errors that I listed previously

2.3 PC Configuration

The "download driver" link has a typo in the link address

"hhttp://developer.mbed.org/media/downloads/drivers/mbedWinSerial_16466.exe"

you need to remove the 1st h.

luws
Contributor II

Yes, I met the same problems as you, and use the same solutions to overcome them.  New I can use IAR 7.80.4 to debug the KW019032 in win10, but I note that, if I just drag and drop a bin file to the MBED folder, followed with the SMAC Starting manual "3.3 Flashing a Binary Image File Without Using an IDE ", I cannot finish copying the bin file to the MBED, and the board seems to disconnect and restart. Have you meet this problem? Thanks.

0 Kudos

gavinsmith
Contributor II

Hi

Had a similar issue where plugging the demo board into a windows 10 machine would almost brick the unit. (Think it did a similar thing when copying files to it)

I fixed it by upgrading the bootloader. Think I got it from the mbed website. Then either upgrade it using Windows 7, or there is something you can disable in windows 10 that allows it to work.

Think it was this page I used.

DAPLink bootloader update | Mbed 

Though to be honest, even when i got it working, I found the debugger very poor, so I wired my Jlink debug tool into the demo board. Also as I didnt require the smac drivers, I used KDS instead of IAR as its what Im used to.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos

luws
Contributor II

Hi, I beg you if you may give me your E-mail address, so it will be convenient to discuss the problems. Thank you so much !

0 Kudos

luws
Contributor II

Hi, can you tell me which bootloader can be use? I cannot find KW01 in the bootloader list, just find 0244_k20dx_bootloader_update_0x5000.bin0244_k20dx_bootloader_update_0x8000.bin, and 0244_sam3u2c_bootloader_update_0x5000.bin, is the second right? Thanks!

0 Kudos