problem with installing "ZB pro configuration edition 2.0.0"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with installing "ZB pro configuration edition 2.0.0"

why3303
Contributor I

When installing "ZB pro configuration edition 2.0.0" for "JN-SW-4141 BeyondStudio for NXP v1308", an error message appears: "Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found. Software being installed: NXP ZBPro Configuration Editor 2.0.0 (com.jennic.sdk.zbpro.external.feature.feature.group 2.0.0) Missing requirement: ZBPro Config Edit Support 2.0.0 (com.jennic.zps.configeditor.edit 2.0.0) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.emf.edit 0.0.0' but it could not be found. Cannot satisfy dependency: From: NXP ZBPro Configuration Editor 2.0.0 (com.jennic.sdk.zbpro.external.feature.feature.group 2.0.0) To: com.jennic.zps.configeditor.edit [2.0.0]".

I followed the instructions in "JN-UG-3098 BeyondStudio for NXP Installation and User Guide" exactly and have tried on different systems and PCs, but the problem remains unsolved.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @why3303 ,

Thank you for contact NXP support. I apologize for the late response. 

I reproduced your problem on my side and the same result appeared. It is now being communicated internally to more experienced colleagues in this field.

Also, there have been similar posts and solutions in NXP Community, can you refer and try this first?

problem install plugin ZB pro configuration editor 

B.R.

Gavin

0 Kudos

why3303
Contributor I

I also saw this post and tried the solutions inside, but they didn't work. I hope this issue can be resolved soon. Thank you for your response.

0 Kudos

Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @why3303 ,

Sorry for the late reply. 

Hope you are doing well.

Because this IDE is very old, my colleagues and I spent a lot of time looking for a solution.  

Please try the following in order to install the plugin:

1. Download emf-xsd-Update-2.14.0M3.zip from this link
  2. Copy the zip file into BeyondStudio folder (for example C:/nxp/bstudio_nxp)
  3. In BeyondStudio IDE, go to Help > Install New Software…
  4. In "Work with:" box, enter this path "emf-xsd - jar:file:/C:/nxp/bstudio_nxp/emf-xsd-Update-2.14.0M3.zip!/" and press Enter. Note: if zip file cannot be found, try unzipping the file and "Add.." it as a local repository.

Gavin_Jia_0-1678776084035.png

Note : PLEASE DO NOT SELECT "EMF Core and MDT XSD", this operation is only to trigger the IDE to have its update site available to search for dependencies.

1. Close the "Available Software" window and reopen it. After this, follow the procedure described in BeyondStudio for NXP Installation and User Guide Section 1.2.3  to install the ZBPro Configuration Editor plugin

Installation may take a while, please wait until it is finished.

B.R.

Gavin

0 Kudos