jn5169:the Size of Router Table

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jn5169:the Size of Router Table

zherlei
Contributor II

I learned in the manual “ ZigBee 3.0 Stack User Guide ”  Revision 1.2 that the default size of the Routing table is 70, which should be sufficient for most applications.

routing_table_size.png

If there are only five devices (1ZR + 4ZEs) in my network, how many records are there in the routing table?

Labels (2)
11 Replies

patrick_pan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Zhou

The parameters in zpscfg file is highly depending on how many and what type of nodes inside the network formed by the control bridge (normally be called as Gateway or Hub).

In general,Mac Table Size and Routing Table Size should be set same as ZNC_MAX_TCLK_DEVICES that equals to total node number (without control bridge) within the network. Regarding other parameters in zpscfg file ,there are 2 aspects under consideration :

1) mixing node type of ZR and ZED

Active Neighbour Table Size + Address Map Table Size = ZNC_MAX_TCLK_DEVICES while other parameters can

be kept as default value.default Active Neighbour Table Size is 26 in case no fragment in link status message 

2) all nodes are ZED

Active Neighbour Table Size + Address Map Table Size = ZNC_MAX_TCLK_DEVICES but Active Neighbour Table

Size should equals to Child Table Size, default maxium Child Table Size is 48 , if higher value required , it can be

manually set in zpscfg file by modify value in childtablesize item 

zigbee1
Contributor III

Could you kindly explain why we can kept as default value.default Active Neighbour Table Size is 26 in case no fragment in link status message ? What is /are the link between Active Neighbour Table Size and Fragmentation ?

0 Kudos

patrick_pan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Zhou

On which node do you want to config the routing table size ? the control bridge or the ZR ?

And it also depends on the topology you will use : do you want all 5 nodes directly connected to the control bridge which construct "Start" network or 4 ZEDs can select either ZR or control bridge as its parent which is "Mesh" network. 

zherlei
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply!

The topology I will use is "Mesh" network.

I want to config the routing table size on control bridge.

If I want to build a mesh network with 100 nodes, how should I configure it?I mean the configuration of all tables.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please look at the next define. You can control the max devices in the TC.

#define ZNC_MAX_TCLK_DEVICES   20

Please look at the network layer configuration in the zpscfg file.

pastedImage_1.png

Please let me know your findings.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

zherlei
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply!

I just want a theoretical value.

Can you provide it to me?Thanks!

Another, I have a question about zigbee tclk, which I have already asked in the community.You can search "about TCLK of zigbee" to find it.Can you help me out?

Regards.

Zhou

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I am not sure what do you mean with the theoretical value.

However, if you want to connect o have 100 nodes in a Zigbee network, at least you must have a size equal to 100 in the coordinator.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

zherlei
Contributor II

Hi,

Of course, you are right!

In the app_common.h file

#define ZNC_MAX_TCLK_DEVICES   100

What I want to know is other network parameters except above the parameter,such as the size of the Active Neighbour Table and the size of Routing Table.

You can recommend how many network layer parameters in the zpscfg file above you put forward should be set in the coordinator or router.

Considering the size of the RAM space, I want a reasonable minimum.

Regards,

Zhou

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Zhou,

Please see the image below, and you would find the Network Layer Configuration. The example provides some values depending on the example.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

It will depend on the device that you are referring to. 

The router will have only the devices that are passed through it or the devices that it knows.

The Coordinator needs to store routes to all the nodes in the network if it is required to communicate with every node - in this case, the Routing table size should be increased to the size of the network.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

zherlei
Contributor II

Thanks for you reply!

If I want to build a mesh network with 100 nodes, how should I configure it?I mean the configuration of all tables.

0 Kudos