Why is my JN-5169 Microcontroller not Detected by my PI?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my JN-5169 Microcontroller not Detected by my PI?

msuhaibs
Contributor II

Hi all,

We currently have a set up where by we have loaded on to a JN5169 Microcontroller one of the demo light .bin files provided on the NXP website. We have a Raspberry Pi with the Mozilla things gateway interface saved and attached to it a Conbee (ZigBee) dongle.

With a JN5169 attached directly to a DR1048 Sensor Board we are able to detect the chip; using the Mozilla things gateway. We have now had a company (using the schematics of the chip) build a separate PCB board, smaller in dimensions, tailored for our industry needs.  After soldering points from this chip and attaching it to the DR1048 Board to programme, the chip successfully programmes but the Mozilla Things Gateway fails to detect the Chip.

All the wires have be soldered on correctly using the Schematics of the chip, and attached to the chip an external antenna built for the correct 2.4 Ghz frequency. So it is not clear as to why this is not working? Are there any other factors that we are missing?

Many thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You will need to consider what you are using in the development kit and what are you using in your custom board. Are you using a module ? or are you using the chip itself? There are some differences within the modules that are available, you will need to check if you are really using the same part in the development kit and your custom board.

I you are using the different files we provide as a base, it would seem to be related to either the code or that you might select a part that does not match the same behavior of the one on the development board.

How are you ensuring your chip it's being programmed ? Is there a way you can check if the packets are being sent correctly ?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos