Where can I find the GAP error codes used in QBlue?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the GAP error codes used in QBlue?

tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Hi,

I am getting a "GAP_DISCON_CMP_EVT" with error code 0x16. In QN902x Application Developer guide section 3.6.8 it points me to "struct gap_discon_cmp_evt". But not sure what the param->reason and param->status values means?

Is it same as the EDR error code "0x16 Connection Terminated By Local Host"? But I can't be right, that is EDR code?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony,

You could also find this reason status in the Bluetooth Specification.

The Connection Terminated By Local Host error code indicates that the local device terminated the connection.

What is the example that you are following? What is the process that you are doing?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Hi Mario,

Can you please let me know which part of the Bluetooth spec I should look for? 

Sorry if I was not clear. From the QBlue, I got the error code 0x16. I am not sure whether it same as  the 

"0x16 Connection Terminated By Local Host" in Bluetooth spec [Core Spec 4.2: Vol2 Part D, Section 2.22]. I am also slightly confused as the description in the spec is in Vol2 which is BE/EDR volume. Is there a similar error code section for LE?

I do not know which example code it is. I am debugging an application. But the file I am reading the error code is in app_gap_task.c

Many Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony,

Yes. I am referring to that specification.

From the QBlue, I got the error code 0x16

Could you please provide some screens for this issue? What is the application that you are debugging?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

tonymakkiel
Contributor III

So is it safe to assume the EDR error codes are valid for LE too?

I am using breakpoints in the code to see what is the error code. I am debugging a problem in I do not get a passcode request from QBlue. But I get it on the remote side. I do not think it is one of the reference code with QBlue. Following is the code section.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony,

This error code is showing a disconnection event, depending on the code could be valid for LE.

I am debugging a problem in I do not get a passcode request from QBlue.

What is the example that you are working on? Are you trying to bond with another device?

Did you try the passkey 111111?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

tonymakkiel
Contributor III

The pairing in initiated from the other device[phone]. I get a prompt in the window asking for pin. But nothing on the QBlue size.

Are the details like IRK keys, tk and link keys stored by the stack somewhere? Or does the stack expect the application to remember it? Is it safe to assume the stack remembers them over power cycle?

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tony,

You could find the keys in the NVDS, also you could change that values in the NVDS Configurator.

What is the example that you are running on?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos