What are the characteristics of the AN11180 antenna design?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the characteristics of the AN11180 antenna design?

edwin_beller
Contributor I

Hello,

I implemented the SL3S4021FHK to my design using the EU reference antenna of "AN11180 UCODE I2C PCB antenna reference designs". Here's a picture of antenna design:AntennaEU.PNG

It doesn't reach the proposed distance of ~10 meters, let alone a single meter. I tried researching the type of antenna but got no definite idea about it. I'm fairly new to antennas, too.

Thus my question:

What type of antenna is this? Is it truly a slot antenna, because the wide opening resembles more of a loop antenna?

What parameters factor in when adjusting its impedance? Is there a literature recommandation for this?

I'll be needing this for my bachelor thesis.

Thanks a ton and best regards

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Edwin,

Yes, this is the slot antenna, and the antenna length affects the reading distance, please refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Please refer to section 8 of https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11180.pdf  for more details.

Hope that helps,

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos