cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unnecessary attribute reports from Zigbee 3.0 JN5168

guyee
Contributor I

Hi,

I successfully compiled JN-AN-1218 (ZigBee 3.0 Light Bulbs), and flashed to a JN5168-001-M00Z module. I managed to join it to my Smartthings hub, assigned a Zigbee Dimmer device handler to it, and it works like a charm, I can turn on/off, and dim the led I connected to the module, and it perfectly reports its attribute changes as configured. 

One minor issue though: maybe TOO perfectly.

If I issue an ON/OFF command to cluster 0x0006, it smoothly dims the light up and down, it's super sexy. But during the dimming process it reports the dim level changes from level control cluster 0x0008, which is kind of a side-effect, not really necessary. It would be acceptable though, but it does not report the final value (0x00 for OFF and 0xFE for ON), only 0-1-2 values in between.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior as well (everyone should, I have not seen anything in code that would prevent it)? What can I do to suppress level control cluster's attribute reporting for the transition time of on/off cluster, or to make sure that the final values are reported as well? (without modifying JN-SW-4170, I would totally avoid that)

Thanks,

Péter

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ovidiu_usturoi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

The values of 0x01/0xFE indicate the minimum/maximum light level that can be attained on a device. These are defined in the zcl_options.h file (CLD_LEVELCONTROL_MIN_LEVEL, CLD_LEVELCONTROL_MAX_LEVEL) and are based on the Zigbee Cluster Library (ZCL) specification and Zigbee Light Link spec (level control cluster updates).

One of the reasons for including the min/max level is based on the following approach:

1. Consider that you can dim the light level until the light will be off =>  onoff state attribute = off, level  = minLevel = 0x00;

2. Send an On command to a light => onoff state attribute will be On, but the light remains Off, since the level value is 0x00.

For specific applications you can change the default values, but please consider that value of 0x00 for level control shall not be used and the same is for value = 0xFF that represent an undefined value. All other values are application specific gradations from min to max level value.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Ovidiu

0 Kudos