cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two more Q's on KW26 board without radios

roleksuk
Contributor II

Couple more issues with KW36 board where we'll not be using the radio portions:

1. The datasheet appears to specify the crystal in terms of the RF section's tight requirements...

Since we are not using the RF features, can we use the crystals below (equivalent to each other), with very similar specs, but modestly relaxed tolerance & stability, given we won't be needing to adhere to BLE etc spectrum/channel specifications...

ABM11AIG-32000MHZ-4Z-T3

ECS-320-10-37Q-ES-TR

If not, is there a specification that we could use in lieu of the ultra-tight ones listed in the datasheet? Perhaps from another chip that does not have the RF section?

2. And the 3pF caps on PTC1, PTC2, PTC3, and PTC4 recommended in your ap-note AN12181 - are they actually needed given that the RF section is not going to be activated?

(I am posting this after not getting any responses when I asked these on the other recent thread I had for this same project)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

roleksuk
Contributor II

Yes, we'll be using low power features.

We will not be using internal DCDC (operating in bypass mode).

We'll be using uart, i2c (master & slave), SPI (master & slave), no 32kHz crystal, gpio wake, perhaps a high drive io pin, gpio.

0 Kudos

roleksuk
Contributor II

Oops. Just noticed there is a typo in the thread name - we're using the KW36, NOT the KW26. Sorry about that.

Can someone please edit that?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

About the post you can edit it yourself, regarding the capacitors, in case you want to use the pins I would recommend you to put them and in case you are not using them they are not mandatory, but we recommend to leave placeholders in case you experience some issues.

I'm still investigating about the crystals, nonetheless, you will need to consider that if you decide not to use our recommendations, still, we can't really guarantee that the device will work as we stated. Still I'll try to check if we have some information available as those are also used for flexcan and I assume that it's something you would like to use.

SO , for the crystals I'll keep checking and try to find anything else about it.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Will you be using the low power capabilities of the device? Which other peripherals do you need besides the CAN interface?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos