cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Routing problem after moving Router far away from Coordinator

thanhpn_kstnk51
Contributor II

Hi all,

Currently, I got a routing problem occurs when I tested a Zigbee network between a Coordinator and a Router. The test's steps are described below:

1. Coordinator is a USB Dongle and  is used JN-AN-1216 software

2. Router is a DR1174 dev kit and is used JN-AN-1217 software

3. Router is joined Coordinator network. I can use ZWGUI to send Active Request, Simple Descriptor Request, Management LQI Request... commands to Router and get responses back from Router.

4. Move Router gradually far from Coordinator and use above commands to check network connection between Coordinator and Router

5. When Router is far enough from Coordinator and no command from ZWGUI is responded by Router, connection between Router and Coordinator is considered to lost. 

6. Put Router right beside Coordinator, no command from ZWGUI is responded by Router.

I use Ubiqua to log Zigbee messages. Link status from both Coordinator and Router are periodically monitored. When command is sent from ZWGUI, Coordinator will issue Route Request to discovery route to Router. But it seems like Router does not process neither Link Status nor Route Request message from Coordinator. Routing table is also not updated for both Coordinator and Router. Please see attached detail logs from ZWGUI, Router and Ubiqua.

Anyone knows the problem, please help me. 

Thanks a lot !

Labels (1)
7 Replies

dangthanhnha_nt
Contributor I

Hi Mario, 

I also problem the same Thanh Pham, "6. Put Router right beside Coordinator, no command from ZWGUI is responded by Router."

Please help me to solve this issue?

Regards,

Nha Dang

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Thank,

The packets in the air are correct, The router cannot find the coordinator and it is sending the router request because is looking for a route to reach the coordinator.

Regards,

Mario

thanhpn_kstnk51
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your reply. My problem happens when "6. Put Router right beside Coordinator, no command from ZWGUI is responded by Router." That means when Router is very near Coordinator, no route is found between them.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Thanh,

Could you please define BDB_SET_DEFAULT_TC_POLICY as TRUE? bdb_options.h file.

The function callback provides a status if a device rejoins, leaves the network.

else if(u8Status == BDB_TC_STATUS_STD_SEC_REJOIN)
    {
     DBG_vPrintf(1, "BDB_TC_STATUS_STD_SEC_REJOIN \n" );
    }

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

thanhpn_kstnk51
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

I changed BDB_SET_DEFAULT_TC_POLICY to TRUE on both Coordinator and Router. Router can't even join network at first time. I wonder that what is relationship between BDB TC config with routing problem. In my opinion, the problem is related to routing update that belongs to network layer in Zigbee stack. Please check my router log containing routing table information.

Regards,

Thanh Pham

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Thanh,

Could you please provide the routing table and the Address map table of the Coordinator?

vDisplayAddressMapTable

vDisplayRoutingTable

C:\NXP\bstudio_nxp\sdk\JN-SW-4170\Components\ZigbeeCommon\Source\appZpsExtendedDebug.c

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

vsos333
Contributor I

I get the same issues.

it seems like router and coordinator both lost each other link.  and the route request is 0xFFFF, no one relay

0 Kudos