cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Review Schematic MKW36A512VFP

Inho_Jeon
Contributor I

Dear NXP

Please, Review my schematic of MKW36A512VFP.

That schematic is attached a file.

Thank you.

1712215540678-1.jpg

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hope you are doing well. In general, your schematic looks fine. Just some comments:

• NMI pin: I saw that the NMI pin (pin 21 / PTB18) doesn't have a pull up resistor. This pin controls the Non Maskable Interrupt for the KW. You must be sure that this pin does not go low, so you don’t have problems with this interrupt.
  • Your DCDC is configured as Bypass mode, right? Just a confirmation. (AN for DCDC Power Management: AN5025)
  • Confirm with the XTAL manufacturer if something special should be added or not for both XTALs.
  • Same for LDO and FT232, check with the manufacturer if the configuration are correct for those devices.
  • SWD looks good. (Post about Design Considerations for Debug).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos

Inho_Jeon
Contributor I

Dear Ricardo, 

Thank you for reply.

But I have questions for your reply.

Refer to below this.

Please, reply to me for my questions.

• NMI pin: I saw that the NMI pin (pin 21 / PTB18) doesn't have a pull up resistor. This pin controls the Non Maskable Interrupt for the KW. You must be sure that this pin does not go low, so you don’t have problems with this interrupt.  => This pin is control RF Switch by low and high. So, I designed not pull-up resistor.  And, you mean change other pin, that pin(NMI) must high always, right? 
  • Your DCDC is configured as Bypass mode, right? Just a confirmation. (AN for DCDC Power Management: AN5025) => Yes
  • Confirm with the XTAL manufacturer if something special should be added or not for both XTALs.=> I apply XTALs like this : 32MHz±10ppm & xtal 32.768±20ppm.
  • Same for LDO and FT232, check with the manufacturer if the configuration are correct for those devices. => I see. I'll check this parts.
  • SWD looks good. (Post about Design Considerations for Debug).

Best Regards,

Inho Jeon

0 Kudos

Ricardo_Zamora
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Inho,

The PTB18 by default is NMI functionality. You can check this on the DataSheet. The comment is you just need to be sure that on startup (before configuring the pin on your program), the signal will not trigger the NMI function.

Best Regards,

Ricardo

0 Kudos