cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9080 not advertising when advertising interval is set to 20 to 30 seconds

bhaveshshah
Contributor I

Hello there

I am using  MCUXpresso IDE v10.3.1 [Build 2233] [2019-02-20] and SDK v2.2.0.

I am testing the qn908xcdk_wireless_examples_bluetooth_power_profiling_freertos example code.

After pressing the button 1 four times controller goes into the deep sleep mode 3 sand start advertising. By default the example is having the adverting interval between 1 to 2.5 sec. 

I am able to change that interval by using the macro = time interval (in ms) / 0.625 ms, where the macro is assigned into gReducedPowerMinAdvInterval_c and gReducedPowerMaxAdvInterval_c intervals. 

I am able to successfully set the interval of 10 to 20 seconds. by setting the macros to 16000 and 32000, and it works.

But when I need to set advertising interval to 20 to 30 seconds, I do not see any adverting form the controller on mobile app.

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue

Regards,

Bhavesh Shah

Labels (1)
  • QN

0 Kudos
3 Replies

bhaveshshah
Contributor I

Hello Estephania,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tested as per your suggestion. But in code fastAdvState_c is for setting advertising interval in 20 to 30 milliseconds. And after setting to fastAdvState_c I am able to see the device on mobile app with 20 to 30 milliseconds. 

I want my advertising interval in 20 to 30 seconds. So keeping fastAdvState_c I changed gFastConnMinAdvInterval_c and  gFastConnMaxAdvInterval_c macros for 32000 and 48000 respectively for interval between 20 to 30 seconds. But it did not show device in mobile app.

So far I am able to set the advertising interval in 10 to 20 seconds using slowAdvState_c. I want to increase the interval to 20 to 30 seconds.

Regards,

Bhavesh 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

If you check the core specifications BLUETOOTH SPECIFICATION Version 5.0 | Vol 2, Part E page 1252  you can verify that those times are defined there

pastedImage_1.png

I believe the times you want are out of the specifications, sorry for the inconveniences this might cause you

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Have you tried configuring the advertisement type to the fast one ?

You can check in the BleApp_Start function that there are two available options of the advertisement type, you can choose it to be either slow or fast. The fast one it's already set to the time frame you are looking

mAdvState.advType = fastAdvState_c;

Could you please try it and let me know your findings ?

Regards

Estephania

0 Kudos