QN9021 cannot run application in RAM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN9021 cannot run application in RAM

leaflee
Contributor III

I am new to QN902x and BLE 4.0/4.1/4.2, now I develop a project of QN9021 on IAR ARM 8.11.3.  After I start debug by clicking the sub menu of "Project/Download and Debug". QN9021 doesn't run my application, just is stuck on the PC of 0x01002574 or 0x01002576, which is a ROM address, the content is 4 byte of 0xffffffff. And I think 0xffffffff should not be a instruction/instructions of CPU.

Is my application not downloaded into the chip of QN9021 by Jlink when clicking dubug? Either due to IAR setting, or hardware problem?  Any suggestions will be appreciated!

The IAR debug snapshot is attached.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Leaf Lee,

This is a problem with newer versions of IAR. Some project options are not correctly imported but you can manually add them to your project as below:

1. Right click on your project > Options.
  2. Debugger > Download.
  3. Check Override default .board file and add "$TOOLKIT_DIR$\config\flashloader\NXP\FlashQN9020.board".

pastedImage_1.png

Let me know if this solves your issue.

Regards,

Gerardo

leaflee
Contributor III

Hello Gerardo,

Many thanks for your suggestion!  It is so helpful, it can solve some IAR debug problems. Besides that, my developing board had some HW problem, which contributed debug problem as well.