cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Consumption Issue in JN5189 with PM_POWER_DOWN Mode

Johnny9
Contributor II

hello,

I am currently developing on the Zigbee ED RX OFF example environment on a JN5189. (It is not a Zigbee device that I am developing).
I am trying to test the power down mode, but when I execute PWR_EnterLowPower(), it does not go into power down mode. Is there anything I need to do to check the power down mode on the zigbee ED RX OFF example?
In the power down mode default example in the SDK, I see that the current consumption decreases in PM_DEEP_DOWN mode. However, when I ported the function to my project environment, the current consumption does not decrease as expected, but rather increases by about 200uA. For the record, PM_DEEP_DOWN mode works fine. I have replicated all the settings in the example exactly, but the result remains the same.

What should I check to resolve this issue? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Jonny9.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NXP support.

Thank you in advance for the information, please help me by giving a look into the JN5189- Power Consumption Power Analysis, this application note contains in a more detail way how to perform the power analysis with a software configuration, hardware configuration and also includes some notes and conclusions that I believe could be really helpful.

Please let me know if you have any other question. I will be happy to assist you.

0 Kudos

Johnny9
Contributor II

Hello,

After several attempts, I have verified that the power-down mode (PM_POWER_DOWN) works correctly, but I have encountered a new problem.

In my code, I use the vMMAC_StartPhyTransmit function in MMAC.h to send a packet, and then enter PM_POWER_DOWN mode. When it wakes up from power down mode after 10 seconds, the code is supposed to send the packet again. The first packet is sent successfully, but the code seems to get stuck when calling the vMMAC_StartPhyTransmit function after waking up from Power Down mode. Calling the vMMAC_SetChannel and vMMAC_Enable functions instead of vMMAC_StartPhyTransmit also causes the problem.

I have applied PM_CFG_SRAM_ALL_RETENTION to ensure SRAM retention. Can you give me any information on the cause of this issue?

Thank you.

Jonny9

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Can you please help me by giving a look into the ZigBee Green Power User Guide. This guide is located inside the JN5189 SDK folder ->docs ->wireless-> ZigBee. I highly recommend to give a look into the Chapter 3 MicroMAC Stack f Green Power.

Also can you please share with me some extra information:

• Can you please share with me log files.
  • Also can you please also provide more details of your application , are you using any delay after waking up form sleep mode?
0 Kudos