Please let me know how to notify when 'Disassociate' is issued from the connected device.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please let me know how to notify when 'Disassociate' is issued from the connected device.

Pioneer
Contributor I

Dear NXP Support Team,
I am currently working with 88W8887 and require assistance with Access Point mode.
When a STA device connected to the access point is disconnected, the STA device issues a 'Disassociate'.
Is there a way to notify when this 'Disassociate' is issued?
Additionally, is there a way to issue a disconnection notification when the connection between AP and STA is severed by issuing this "Disassociate"?
I am using "SD-WLAN-UART-BT-8887-U16-MMC-W15.87.19.p64-15.100.19.p64-C4X15704_A2-MGPL".
・Linux Kernel Version v3.18.24
・hostapd Version:2.10
・wpa_supplicant Version:2.10

I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the following points:
Are there specific configurations or settings required for the TCC8971(Telechips) to operate in AP mode effectively with the Marvell 88W8887 WiFi device?
Are there any firmware updates or specific versions that support AP mode more reliably?
Any additional troubleshooting steps or tools that I can use to diagnose and resolve the connection issues?

Thank you for your time and assistance,
Best regards,
Hiroyuki Kohchi

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

1 View
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @Pioneer 

Thanks for creating case to us.

Please see my inline reply:

1. Is there a way to notify when this 'Disassociate' is issued? Is there a way to issue a disconnection notification when the connection between AP and STA is severed by issuing this "Disassociate"?

==>Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, from controller side, we do not have such kind of policy which can automatically report/notify to end users when the connected STA disconnected with our 88W8887 working in AP mode. You can check related dmesg logs, journal log, or Wi-Fi OTA logs. According to the logs implement the requirement in application layer by yourself. 

Are there specific configurations or settings required for the TCC8971(Telechips) to operate in AP mode effectively with the Marvell 88W8887 Wi-Fi device?

==>For Linux platform, you can refer to  Getting Started with NXP-based Wireless Modules on i.MX 8M Quad EVK Running Linux OS - User manual

For Android platform, you can refer to: Getting Started with NXP-based Wireless Modules on i.MX 8M Quad EVK Running Android 14 OS

Are there any firmware updates or specific versions that support AP mode more reliably?

==>Our latest release is: SD-WLAN-UART-BT-8887-U16-MMC-W15.87.19.p69-15.100.19.p69-CS4X15711_A2-MGPL

You can download it through above link and update your FW. We always suggest customer to use latest release because it includes some known fixes and has better compatibility.

Any additional troubleshooting steps or tools that I can use to diagnose and resolve the connection issues?

==>You can refer to Feature Configuration Guide for NXP-based Wireless Modules on i.MX 8M Quad EVK - User manual.

In section 3 Wi-Fi driver debugging, it includes some guide steps for Wi-Fi debug.

And specially for connection issues, we usually capture dmesg, wpa_supplicant journal logs and Wi-Fi OTA logs to see what happened. 

• How to capture dmesg logs:

On Linux terminal, directly execute: dmesg > log.log 

It will save the dmesg logs into log.log file and saved on your host platform.

• How to capture wpa_supplicant journal logs:

You can use below steps to enable the supplicant logs:

1. boot up the board

2. killall wpa_supplicant

3. open "vi /lib/systemd/system/wpa_supplicant.service" 

4. add -ddd at end "ExecStart=/usr/sbin/wpa_supplicant -u -ddd"

5. reboot the board

6. Run the scenario using nmcli

7. run journalctl -a -b to capture the supplicant logs

• How to capture Wi-Fi OTA logsWith wireshark or Ominipeek and Wi-Fi card which supported monitor mode to capture Wi-Fi OTA logs.

To resolve connection issue, we need to identify what's the root cause, is from our side or from remote side. From driver side or FW side. Our Wi-Fi chip side or your application side. Anyway, once we find any evidence shows that the issue is from our Wi-Fi side, we will try to fix it. And you do not need to do anything except validation.

Please feel free to create case if need our support on our Wi-Fi chips.

Best regards,

Christine.

0 Kudos