Phase Noise of External 32MHz for MKW01Z128

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase Noise of External 32MHz for MKW01Z128

jehangirparvere
Contributor I

We plan to use a low power external oscillator for clocking the the MKW01Zxx for metering application.

As per MKW01xxRM Reference Manual, "

An external clock can be used to replace the crystal

oscillator...." Can you please provide the phase noise requirements for such an external clock?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jehangir Parvereshi

Sorry for the late reply, I'm working in your case, and I was looking for information related with "noise requirements". Unfortunately we don't have requirements for this, and we don't have data for this measurements. I will continue looking information and I will keep you inform.

I could recommend you to check the designs for this chip (FRDM-KW019032, USB-KW019032) and check the 32 MHz crystal characteristics.

Sorry for the inconveniences that this may cause.

Best regards
Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

jehangirparvere
Contributor I

Hi Jorge:

The crystal is a passive device and crystal vendors do not provide phase noise data.

This data is available from crystal oscillator vendors. Can you please provide the part# of an
external 32 MHz crystal oscillator (TCXO) that you recommend to drive the XTAL in pin.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jehangir Parvereshi

The one used in the FRDM-KW019032 is "EXS00A-CS02368". You can check the components in the BOM document located in downloads: "FRDM-KW019032 Design Files" package. Hope this information helps.

Have a great day,
Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos