Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7150 reference antenna in AN11755 is different to OM5578 evaluation board

Jump to solution
jeremy123
Contributor I

Hi,

I am looking to integrate the PN7150 into a design.

I am reading the application note AN11755 which contains a reference antenna design on page 70. It states that for the 40x40mm reference antenna, the trace width should be 0.4mm, and spacing 0.3mm. However, when I look at the gerber files for the OM5578, it uses a 0.5mm trace with 0.4mm space (and 0.6mm via).

Is there a mistake in one of these? Or is the OM5578 not supposed to be the same as the reference antenna?

Also, it appears that the OM5578/PN7150S is now EOL, is there a replacement scheduled? Is it only EOL because it uses the old revision of the PN7150?

Thanks,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jeremy123 ,

The App note just provides an example for antenna design, it is not the same as OM5578.

The IC is still active as you can see in https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers/high-performance-nfc-controller-with-integr... . 

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @jeremy123 ,

The App note just provides an example for antenna design, it is not the same as OM5578.

The IC is still active as you can see in https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers/high-performance-nfc-controller-with-integr... . 

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos