NXH3670- Couldn't find kl device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXH3670- Couldn't find kl device

haitaoxing
Contributor II

When I use the NXH3670 flash tool, I could not connect to the dongle device, but I can connect to the headset device. The dongle device was debugged by the MCUXpresso IDE with the kl_dongle_sdk project successfully, I connected the device via the LPC LINK 2 for the debugging. After the debug process, when rebooted, the dongle could not be found by the flash tools or LP2 LINK2, I guess, maybe the bootloader lost. How can I reflash the bootloader, or Is there any method that can recover the dongle?

Labels (1)
12 Replies

niranjana_murth
Contributor I

Hello,

Even i was facing the same issue. Solved

1. Check your BOOT MODE switch settings. Set to default setting as mentioned in Dongle Config.

2. Press the reset button KL27_RST for detection of KL27 by the flash tool for programming.

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Niranjana,

Just see this today. Appreciate for your findings. And thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

Xiang

0 Kudos

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The Flash Tool (running on PC) talks to KL MCU on the sdk board via Virtual COM port over USB connection. I suspect the communication fails between the Flash Tool and the KL, probably because you changed the firmware on KL MCU.

So it seems we need to restore the default firmware on KL MCU first. On the other hand, it is weird that your debugger also fail to connect to the device.

There are several things we can try:

- plug in the USB cable of sdk board, and see if there is a VCOM port appears on your PC (is the VCOM port still there?)

- try the procedure in AN12360 3.1 Programming, use flash_gaming_binaries.bat/sh. Internally I think it also calls the Flash Tool. But just give it a shot.

- try to fix the LPC Link 2 connection, check the link: https://community.nxp.com/thread/425730, which also has a similar issue as you are.

0 Kudos

haitaoxing
Contributor II

Hi,thx for your reply, I tested according to your recommended procesure.

- plugin the usb cable, with the dongle there is no vcom appeared

- running the flash_gaming_binaries.bat, halted at finding device

- I think there is no hardware issue, because I use an NXP original board, and I do nothing to the hardware configuration.

0 Kudos

jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Regarding "running the flash_gaming_binaries.bat, halted at finding device", could you show us your screen shot ?

For flash_gaming_binaries.bat, are you saying you failed to program dongle device ? For headset device, could you program it successfully when using flash_gaming_binaries.bat ?

0 Kudos

haitaoxing
Contributor II

Hi, Jason, screenshots of USB connecting issue shown in the attachment.

0 Kudos

jasonchiang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for providing the screenshot. It is strange. Since you can program headset successfully, so I assume your program procedures to dongle should be correct.

Could you try to program headset bin file into your SDK dongle board  and program dongle bin file into your SDK headset board ?

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Is this happening only when using the flash tool ? If you try again in MCUXPresso, do you have that same behavior ? Also, is your device still recognized in the device manager of your computer ?

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

haitaoxing
Contributor II

Hi, not only when using the flash tool, but also when using MCUXPresso, could not find the device. When using the MCUXpresso with LPC-Link 2, start the debug progress, a dialog shows "0 available SWD Devices detected. Connect a device and try again". And When connected the device and the PC via a USB cable, nothing recognized in the device manager. Is this a hardware issue, or maybe the bootloader of the KL device lost? 

0 Kudos

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The bootloader of KL27 should be ROMed and cannot be lost. The 2nd stage bootloader may be lost, but it doesn't matter with your LPC-Link 2 debugger or SWD connection.

I would check what's going wrong with the SWD communication. You should be technically able to download data into KL via SWD debugger, except there is hardware damange.

How about test SWD connection between MCUXpresso and your NXH3670 headset board? Just test the SWD connection, but do not flash anything.

A sdk has 2 boards, if your Dongle board is broken, the Headset board should still be ok.

This at least tell us your debugger + headset board is ok.

0 Kudos

haitaoxing
Contributor II

I think My debugger and headset board are ok, I can connect to the headset board via LPC-Link 2 in the MCUXpresso IDE. What should I do next?

0 Kudos

Xiang_Li
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So the LPC-Link 2 debugger should be ok, because it connects to your Headset board which is still in the good condition.

But now I am a bit clueless why your debugger cannot make SWD connection to the Dongle board.

To my knowledge, NXH3670 SDK board have very limited access, and its documents are requested via NXP docstore with permission. So I think you must have a contact person from NXP, either distributor or FAE. How about contact him/her to see if NXP can provide you any direct/onsite support?

0 Kudos