cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTM88HXX5S interfacing with CC2340R2 using SPI

Shashirekha
Contributor I

Hello,

I want to interface NTM88HXX5S with CC2340R2 using SPI protocol to read the sensor values using the available NXP library functions. Could anyone assist on how to link the library for the same?

Regards & Thanks,

Shashirekha

0 Kudos
5 Replies

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hello, please refer to the SPI section of the NTM88 manual for information on the protocol in the attached document.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Shashirekha
Contributor I

Hello Erika,

Thank you for your assistance. The document seems helpful, but I need some assistance on linking the NTM88HXX5S TPMS sensor library files to read the sensor values from the existing functions from the library. Like how to link NXP library with some links possible. Also let me know, if i have to use any device driver softwares to access those available functions?

Regards & Thanks,
Shashirekha

0 Kudos

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The way to read the sensor data is the following:

• On NTM88 side, the application takes sensor measurements via the library functions and stores the measurements at a known address in RAM.
  • After that, the application establishes SPI communication with the BLE MCU.
  • During SPI communication, the BLE MCU reads the sensor data stored at the known addresses in RAM.

Example code can be found here:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=GenFSK_Beacons_Demo_NTM88_KW38&appType=license

Application note on SPI communication can be found here:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN14182.pdf

0 Kudos

Shashirekha
Contributor I

Hello Erika,

In the document which you shared,it is mentioned that  "When a bootloader application is present in the NTM88, it can enable the SPI block by writing ‘1’ to SPIEN. The External MCU thus only need to notify the NTM88 that SPI transfers are requested, and the NTM88 application enables the SPI block".

Just wanted clarification on that, like is there any bootloader application present in the NTM88? If yes, then is it programmed? If No, then do we have to do it and how to do it ?

Regards & Thanks,

Shashirekha

0 Kudos

ErikaC
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Note that the SPI reprogramming guide is for flash reprogramming only. It is not applicable to customers who just want to read sensor data.

0 Kudos