cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC Keyless

gorannilsson
Contributor I

Is NFC the solution
I have a “receiver” that cannot have a larger antenna than approx 30x50 x 10 mm on the PCB.
It may be possible to have a wire wound coil size 140x79 mm. The PCB will then be “inside” the coil.
The receiver has “unlimited” 12V power supply.
The transmitter is a remote control you have in your pocket. It has no buttons.
It is supplied from a battery CR2450. Battery life shall be at least one year.
An accelerometer turns on the transmitter during a time when motion is detected.
Transmitter will at maximum be on 10h / working day.
Using bidirectional communication this may be replaced by a “receiver” making a wake up on the “transmitter”
The receiver shall read an unique key code from the transmitter (4 bytes, battery status bit and checksum) when it is approx 1 meter or closer from the receiver
At 10m or longer it must not detect the transmitter
Best regards
Göran Nilsson

0 Kudos
1 Reply

fangfang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The reading distance of the application. For the NFC tag. Only ICODE can up to 1.5m. But it depends on the antenna.
we do not have a reader in our portfolio that meets your requirements.
Nonetheless, you can check it as the link.
URL:https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/rfid-ecosystem:RFID_ECOSYSTEMS
A selection of different reader manufacturers, solution providers and systems integrators around the world, I'm almost sure that you can find a reader that meets your requirements with one of the available ones in the list.

Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos