cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory consumption of Flash

kuldeep_chaturv
Contributor II

Hi,

In our project we are using the HID demo project as a baseline for Sw creation.

In it, after compilation, we are getting following memory consumption message after compilation(in MCU expresso).

Memory region         Used Size  Region Size  %age Used

m_interrupts:         192 B         1 KB     18.75%

m_flash_config:          16 B         16 B    100.00%

m_text:      199648 B     251494 B     79.38%

NVM_region:        8191 B       8191 B    100.00%

m_data_2:        2240 B        16 KB     13.67%

m_data:       28744 B        48 KB     58.48%

seems like the Flash memory for application code, is already ~80% consumed? Is it true?

So is it expected that customer to manage their application in remaining 10% or something?(remaining 10% for future use)

And what is design level recommendation from NXP about the maximum consumption for all the memory units, is there a place to see it?

Br,

Kuldeep

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can check in the release notes of the Bluetooth LE stack the different footprints for several examples.

pastedImage_1.png

The document it's called Bluetooth Low Energy Release Notes.pdf and it's available on the SDK documentation.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

kuldeep_chaturv
Contributor II

Hi Estephania,

I understand that you are following the process.

but i would be extremely disappointed if i realised 80% is used already by existing app/stack or whatever and very little room for the customer app.

I would certainly need a way around.

Br,

Kuldeep

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can check the 3.4 Host Stack libraries and API availability chapter of the Bluetooth Low Energy Application Developer's Guide for some recommendations and options we provide for some code optimizations regarding the usage of the libraries, also you can remove some of the elements and options you won't use in your applications that are currently in the example. 

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos