cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License for Zigbee / BeeStack

Jump to solution
ming_
Contributor I

Hi, I'd like to know the License Fee of Zigbee and BeeStack.

Is necessary to have the License? If yes, what is the cost?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Min,

BeeStack (Freescale’s ZigBee stack) is completely free of charge and could be obtained from BeeKit Wireless Connectivity tool. No license is required to use it at all.

Beekit: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=BEEKIT_WIRELESS_CONNECTIVITY_TOOLKIT

However, and due to its code size, a proper IDE/compiler license should be obtained (if you do not have one already) to compile and load the BeeStack applications.

Regards,

AngelC

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Min,

BeeStack (Freescale’s ZigBee stack) is completely free of charge and could be obtained from BeeKit Wireless Connectivity tool. No license is required to use it at all.

Beekit: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=BEEKIT_WIRELESS_CONNECTIVITY_TOOLKIT

However, and due to its code size, a proper IDE/compiler license should be obtained (if you do not have one already) to compile and load the BeeStack applications.

Regards,

AngelC

0 Kudos
ming_
Contributor I

Thanks for Quick respond

Really amazing to me the Freescale doesn't charge abut BeeStack !!

If I build own product with BeeStack, which is use Zigbee protocol, Still we don't have to pay license fee to Zigbee alliance? 

If I build own product with Home Automation Application of BeeStack, it can talk to other vendor's End Point or Router ?

0 Kudos
AngelC
Senior Contributor I

Dear Min,

It basically depends on whether you want your product to be ZigBee compliant (with the ZigBee Logo) or not. If you do not want your product to be ZigBee Compliant, you do not need any license or certification to sell it, but you cannot put the ZigBee logo on it.

Moreover, the BeeStack solutions have been tested to interoperate with other vendor’s ZigBee devices, so if you base your solution in any of our projects, it is likely to be interoperable too. However, it will depend in the other devices’ settings such as security and profile used.

Regards,

AngelC