Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5189, Sleep device cannot sleep immediately

Jump to solution
QuocAnhLee
Contributor II

Hi team,

I am developing an application for the JN-AN-1246-Zigbee-3-0-Sensors door sensor. When a gpio interrupt occurs, the device wakes up, rejoins the network, reports its status to the Coordinator, and then goes back to deep sleep. Everything works as I intended when I let my device join the network.

Then I turned off the Coordinator's power. At this point, my door sensor tries to rejoin the network but fails -> this is obvious, everything is still ok.

When I turn the Coordinator's power back on, my sensor rejoins the network and then reports its status, but this time it does not go to sleep immediately, it takes 5 seconds before it goes back to deep sleep.

From my debugging at this point: APP_vBdbCallback sZpsAfEvent = BDB_EVENT_ZPSAF
psStackEvent->eType = ZPS_EVENT_NWK_POLL_CONFIRM
sNwkPollConfirmEvent.u8Status = MAC_ENUM_NO_DATA

As far as I know, in this state, the device should go to deep sleep, but at this time it repeats 5 times in 5 seconds before going to deep sleep.

Sorry if my explanation is a bit confusing, I will provide more information if you need it.

Please give me more information about this issue. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
QuocAnhLee
Contributor II

Hi @Christine_Li ,

Thank you for your guidance.

After a week of updating to the new SDK and downloading the new JN-AN-1246 application, the OccupancySensor application no longer encounters the above issue.

Then I built my application based on the OccupancySensor JN-AN-1246, and the issue was also resolved.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Quoc Anh.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
QuocAnhLee
Contributor II

Thank you. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @QuocAnhLee 

Sorry, these days I am a little busy. I didn't reply you on time.

Can you please let me know which example are you referring?

In our JN-AN-1246, there are  Light Sensor, LTO sensor and Occupancy sensor as reference, and there is no door sensor. Please let me know which one are your referring to.

And also please let me know your detailed steps, which IDE are you using, and the version you are using, so that I can help you exactly.

Thanks.

By the way, hope you have checked this AN1246.pdf guide file located in \JN-AN-1246\Doc\ directory, and hope this AN can help you somehow.

Best regards,

Christine.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
QuocAnhLee
Contributor II

Hi Christine,

Thank for you help.

I apologize for my question causing a misunderstanding. Currently, I am customizing the JN-AN-1246 Occupancy Sensor application into a door sensor. However, the issue I am encountering is also with the Occupancy Sensor application (default, without any modifications, I only adjusted the GPIO to match my hardware).

The steps for the issue to occur are:

Allow the Occupancy Sensor to join the Zigbee network of Coordinator.
Turn off the Coordinator.
Have the Occupancy Sensor report its status while the Coordinator is off.
Then turn the Coordinator back on.
But for the subsequent report, before the device goes to sleep, it will poll an additional 5 times within 5 seconds, and the information is as mentioned in my post.

IDE: MCUXpresso IDE v11.8.0

Sincerely,

Quoc Anh

0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @QuocAnhLee 

Thanks for your reply.

May I know your SDK version?

Best regards,

Christine.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
QuocAnhLee
Contributor II

Hi Christine,

I am using SDK verion 2.6.8.

Sincerely,

Quoc Anh

0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @QuocAnhLee 

Can you please try with newer SDK: 2.6.13 or 2.6.14 to see whether have same issue?

At the same time, I will continue to check on my local side.

Best regards,

Christine.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
QuocAnhLee
Contributor II

Hi @Christine_Li ,

Thank you for your guidance.

After a week of updating to the new SDK and downloading the new JN-AN-1246 application, the OccupancySensor application no longer encounters the above issue.

Then I built my application based on the OccupancySensor JN-AN-1246, and the issue was also resolved.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Quoc Anh.

0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @QuocAnhLee 

Thanks for your feedback.

Then please help to "accept it as a solution" to close this thread, so that when other people meet similar issue, they can refer to this solution.

Have a nice day~

Best regards,

Christine.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @QuocAnhLee 

I am checking this issue, will let you know once have any updates.

Best regards,

Christine.

Tags (1)