JN5148 with external antennas

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5148 with external antennas

farnooshjalalin
Contributor I

hallo, I am working now with JN5148 microcontrollers with integrated antennas and as it has a short communication range in outdoor, I want to Start working with the ones having connector to external antennas, I want to know if I buy the microcontroller , which type of external antenna should I buy? and is anything else needed to connect micro to external antenna?

thanks in advance

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Wlodek_D_
Senior Contributor II

Dear farnoosh jalalinia,

As I understand, you have in mind the Module based on JN5148 microcontroller chip.

Such modules are available via distribution channel (e.g. see Search Results | Farnell element14 ).

Depends on your module board choice you can use typical 50 Ohm 2.4 GHz antenna with SMA socket usually used in Wi-Fi Routers (please refer to JN5148-EK010 Evaluation Kit User Guide http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1738901.pdf ).

Regards!

Wlodek_D.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos