JN-AN-1218 : convert to On/Off Light device type for use with Philips Hue system

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN-AN-1218 : convert to On/Off Light device type for use with Philips Hue system

embed74
Contributor I

Hi,

I have recently developed a Dimmable Light application for JN5169 based around JN-
AN-1218 which can be added to a Philips Hue network and would now like to use this as the basis for an On/Off Light. I have removed the lines

#define CLD_LEVEL_CONTROL
#define LEVEL_CONTROL_SERVER

from zcl_options.h and also removed the Level Control cluster from app.zpscfg and changed the Application Device ID for the Light endpoint to 0x100. The problem is that the Philips Hue system does not now allow the new device into the network.

If I put the above defines back in to the zcl_options.h file, the device is allowed to join the Hue network but shows as "Dimmable Light".

Are there additional changes I need to make to configure this correctly? I tried looking through the makefile, there is another Device ID defined here but this is for OTA, tried changing it (from 0x101 to 0x100) anyway but this made no difference.

It seems like there is something quite simple I must be missing here! Can anyone help please?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

embed74
Contributor I

Hi Mario,

I don't have a license for the sniffer currently but I managed to work out the problem. In case anyone else has the same issue, there are 3 configuration files in the project and I had to edit the device ID for all of them to 0x100 to get the Hue bridge to accept the device as an "On/Off Light". This is found in the Properties window for "End Point" >" Light (1)" > "Application Device ID". I think what was happening is that the Hue system was seeing the device as a Dimmable Light type but because there was no Level Control cluster, the bridge rejected it and forced it to leave the network. Works fine now.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @embed74,

You could use the free sniffer tool that we provide, the Kinetis Protocol Analyzer.

Let me know if you have any further questions and please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @embed74,

Do you have a sniffer log about this allow problem?

You shouldn't have any problem trying to add this device to the network, but I am not sure if the Phillips hue requires these clusters defined. The coordinator could accept the device but maybe is sending a leave message after the cluster discovery.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos