cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN 5168 High Power Transmit power

jmesc_
Contributor II

Dear All,

I am using JN5168-M06 high power module, and I would like to set the transmit power at the maximum value 22 dbM, nothing is clear for me in the document http://www.nxp.com/documents/user_manual/JN-UG-3024.pdf  page 70.

From my understanding I should call in this order :

vAppApiSetHighPowerMode(APP_API_MODULE_HPM06,TRUE);

eAppApiPlmeSet(PHY_PIB_ATTR_TX_POWER,0);

is this true or not it seems having no big effect on power !

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
6 Replies

ptaylor
Contributor I

As far as I know, the vAppApiSetHighPowerMode(APP_API_MODULE_HPM06,TRUE); function call is all that is necessary. From practical experience, the default TX power is '0' so the eAppApiPlmeSet(PHY_PIB_ATTR_TX_POWER,0); call should not be necessary. In the demo project I built from, the vAppApiSetHighPowerMode was conditionally compiled and I had to modify the code and/or Makefile to compile the function call.

Do you have an antenna connected to both modules?

Are both modules the M06 model?

0 Kudos

ptaylor
Contributor I

After performing range testing, it appears I'm also missing some step to enable the high power mode. I'm seeing up to about 80 meters with antennas attached with M06 modules using channel 11. Even if I remove any calls to either of the HighPower functions, there appears to be no effect on the range. Anyone have some other ideas?

0 Kudos

dezhuangqiu
Contributor II

您好:

我现在网关用的1216,灯节点使用的官方1218,2个都加了PA--RFX2401C,我只是想知道在程序中怎么添加程序来分别使能PA,使协调器和节点可以正常工作在PA模式。

你们之前给我发的许多材料,看的不是很明白,也花费了我们双方比较长的时间,能不能简单点告诉我怎么修改程序就可以了。

Hi:

I now use the gateway 1216, the official light node 1218, 2 are added PA-RFX2401C, I just want to know how to add the program to enable PAs, so that the coordinator and node can work in PA mode.

You sent me a lot of materials before, see not very clear, also took us a long time, can you simply tell me how to modify the program can.

0 Kudos

dezhuangqiu
Contributor II

I now encounter the problem of distance, the coordinator to the node is only about 8 meters, we want to pass 80 meters how to do?

Some manufacturers add a PA directly.

Tel : 18761695632 ( Micro Letter )

QQ : 252290923

0 Kudos

yuchenglin
Contributor II

I have the same problem,Is there anyone know how to do?appreciated to!

qidongli
Contributor II
  • I have the same problem,Have you solved your problem?

0 Kudos