IW611 BT driver for iMX95 co-processor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW611 BT driver for iMX95 co-processor

sfarnswo
Contributor I

I have selected an iMX95 SOM that is using with the IW611 integrated WiFi/BT chipset. I have a use case where I need to be able to control the BT portion of the chipset from a co-processor so that I can manage BLE connections in real-time as Linux boots, as well as while the A55 cluster is in idle.

Does NXP have bluetooth drivers for the IW611 chipset? If not, how can I access IW611 documentation to be able to develop the driver independently?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @sfarnswo 

For sure, we have IW611 driver. You can get our driver and FW in below link:

Driver: https://github.com/nxp-imx/mwifiex.git

FW: https://github.com/nxp-imx/imx-firmware

We always suggest you to choose the latest Driver and FW combinations because we fixed some bugs or provide some new features on latest driver and FW combinations.

And I believe below links are also helpful for you:

Getting Started with NXP-based Wireless Modules on i.MX 8M Quad EVK Running Linux OS - User manual

How to Download and Build NXP Wi-Fi Drivers - User manual (restricted)

Feature Configuration Guide for NXP-based Wireless Modules on i.MX 8M Quad EVK - User manual

Please remember to login to our nxp.com firstly then try to click above link to see these files.

Please co not hesitate to reply me if you have any other questions.

Have a nice day~

Best regards,

Christine.

0 Kudos

sfarnswo
Contributor I

@Christine_Li 

Are there drivers available specific to the BT portion of the IW611? The links you shared appear to be the WiFi driver and I did not see anything that would be specific to BT. I was able to located the NXP BT driver here. Does NXP have a BT driver for the chipset that can be used from the microcontroller domain and not from Linux?

Also, I see that the drivers in the link you provided are for IW612. Are the IW611 and IW612 drivers identical?

0 Kudos

Christine_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, @sfarnswo 

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you are right, for Linux kernel version before L6.1.22, our BT driver is using the default Linux default HCI UART Driver. But from  Linux kernel version L6.1.22, we use our own BTNXPUART driver as the link you paste here As you are using I.MX95, so I think you are using Linux platform.

If you are thinking of Microcontroller, we have default driver in our SDK, such as RT1170 or RT 1064 and other RT series. 

Can you please let me know your detailed platform name and OS?

So that I can provide related support better.

And about IW611 and IW612, for Wi-Fi and BT part is same, the only difference is IW612 support 802.15.4, but IW611 doesn't support. IW612's Wi-Fi and BT driver/FW also can be used on IW611.

Hope my explanation is clear for you.

Best regards,

Christine.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos