How can i use thread rcp with K32W USB dongle?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i use thread rcp with K32W USB dongle?

Jump to solution
Kumarr
Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to operate Thread RCP with K32W USB dongle. But my K32W doesn't seem to work with rcp.

I used image SDK_2.6.11_K32W061DK6 and this confirmed that thread rcp is not working.

My problem is exactly like this link.(Anyone knows how to use RCP on K32W USB dongle ? - NXP Community) I also ran the project which is called ioter (https://github.com/Samsung/ioter), but the error log was the same as him/her(@rapmon80121). I wonder if k32w can not operate thread rcp yet, or if there is any way to success build.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mihai_ignat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Kumarr .

Same situation was reported here . I think I forgot to mention that you need to add to the otbr-agent the argument "?uart-baudrate=1000000". Please see this comment .

BR,

Mihai

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Kumarr
Contributor II

There is same situation of SDK2.6.10. Could you check otbr in the linux PC using K32W usb dongle?? https://github.com/openthread/ot-br-posix

0 Kudos
mihai_ignat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Kumarr .

Same situation was reported here . I think I forgot to mention that you need to add to the otbr-agent the argument "?uart-baudrate=1000000". Please see this comment .

BR,

Mihai

Kumarr
Contributor II

Hello, @mihai_ignat

I finally succeeded in connecting otbr using K32W USB dongle!!

Thank you so much. In your support.

And I have one more question, why do I have to enter 1,000,000 baudrate?

0 Kudos
mihai_ignat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The K32W0 USB dongle doesn't have by default flow control pins available (they are unconnected on the board) so an improved configuration was required and 1M baudrate is part of this configuration.

Kumarr
Contributor II
Thank you so much!!!! @mihai_ignat
mihai_ignat
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, @Kumarr .

OT RCP support on K32W0 USB dongle is available as a binary in the K32W0 SDK starting with version 2.6.10. The binary can be found in /tools/wireless/ot-rcp folder under the ot-rcp-uart-no-fc-usb name, as binary and axf file.
Can you confirm that you are using this image?

BR,

Mihai

0 Kudos