Error occurs when debugging FRDM-KW36: Unable to connect wire for probe index 1.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurs when debugging FRDM-KW36: Unable to connect wire for probe index 1.

Jump to solution
Enjoy
Contributor II

IDE circumstance.pngerror occur when debugging.pngHello there:

The FRDM-KW36 went well when I debugged ADC demo, while after I loaded the 'frdmkw36_wireless_examples_bluetooth_health_t_bm' into the develop board, the error occured as fllowing:

Unable to connect wire for probe index 1.
Error: Wire Ack Fault - target connected?

Unable to connect wire for probe index 1.

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.checkServerReply(RedlinkServerClient.java:224)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.wireConnect(RedlinkServerClient.java:1192)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.jtag.AbstractJtagDiscovery.ideConnect(AbstractJtagDiscovery.java:232)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.jtag.AbstractJtagDiscovery.connect(AbstractJtagDiscovery.java:196)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.jtag.AbstractJtagDiscovery.discover(AbstractJtagDiscovery.java:155)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.TargetDiscovery.jtagDiscovery(TargetDiscovery.java:454)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.getEmulatorInfo(LaunchScriptUtils.java:257)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.init(LaunchScriptUtils.java:497)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.<init>(LaunchScriptUtils.java:165)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.<init>(LaunchScriptUtils.java:152)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.services.TargetDiscoveryService.getTargetDiscovery(TargetDiscoveryService.java:138)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.override.LSFinalLaunchSequence$TargetDiscoveryJob.run(LSFinalLaunchSequence.java:124)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63).

It seems that the chip on board cannot connect to MCUXpresso IDE v11.6.1_8255, while the flashed BLE demo operates normally. So may some engineer can solve the problem for me?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

FRDM-KW38 has integrated OpenSDA inside, so you can use J-Link by entering BOOTLOADER mode to burn firmware.

1. Download the bin file for the corresponding board at this link.

1_openSDA.jpg

2. Connect the jumper to J5 pin1. Follow the above picture to enter BOOTLOADER mode and burn the binary file.

3. After that, move the jumper to J35 pin1. Then you can debug via J-Link.

Please have a try. 

B.R.

Gavin

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Thank you for contacting NXP for support.  I repeated the operation you described(Debug with SEGGER JLink), but the problem did not occur. 

By any chance, there are two suggestions that I would like you to try from previous experience.

Step1. Please help me to make sure that the last debug process has been stopped before debug the second project. Then repeat it to see whether it is ok or not. If the same issue occur again, please try step2.

Step2. Erase the on-chip flash using JLink before debug the project. Please refer to this link to perform the operation.

Hope you are doing well.

B.R.

Gavin

0 Kudos
Enjoy
Contributor II

Hi Gavin:

When I connect chip by J-Link Commander, after I choose MKW36Z512xxx4 in Target device settings,  the app did not identify the core of the board, so I cannot use command unlock kinetis. By the way, I connect the board through J12, as the fllowing fig:

Enjoy_0-1669726986961.png

I connect pin 1, 5, 2 and 4 to the Jlink, is there mistake I have made?

0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

FRDM-KW38 has integrated OpenSDA inside, so you can use J-Link by entering BOOTLOADER mode to burn firmware.

1. Download the bin file for the corresponding board at this link.

1_openSDA.jpg

2. Connect the jumper to J5 pin1. Follow the above picture to enter BOOTLOADER mode and burn the binary file.

3. After that, move the jumper to J35 pin1. Then you can debug via J-Link.

Please have a try. 

B.R.

Gavin

Enjoy
Contributor II

Hi Gavin:

The alternative method with J-link applied is useful and the board works normally again. I  really appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Just as a hint, here's a simple solution. While you are debugging via J-Link, operating in MCUXpresso is ok.

2_JLinkDebug.jpg

0 Kudos
Enjoy
Contributor II

So kind of you. While with step 1, the error still occured. And as I have no J-link at hand, so I refered to your solution link that utilizes the GUI Flash Tool with LinkSever connecting the FRDM-KW36 with PC, unfortunately I still cannot flash new demo into the chip. Is there alternative solutions? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Just to confirm this.
1. creating a new workspace to import the project doesn't help, right?
2. do you see this success log after running the GUI Flash Tool? (similar to the one in my additional image)

B.R.

Gavin

0 Kudos
Enjoy
Contributor II

Hi:

Creat new workspace did not  help. And steps I run the GUI Flash Tool are showen as following:

2.png3.png4.pngGUI.png 

Unfortunately, the error still exists. So is it the only solution to get a Jlink for erasing the chip? It's not convient for me case epidemic control of COVID19

0 Kudos