cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger from Beyond studio IDE on Windows 10 does not work

mailraghunathan
Contributor II

Hello,

I working with the EK004 kit (JN5169) and beyond studio(JN SW 4141 +JN SW 4170). I had also purchased a Beyond debug key from Beyond semiconductors.

I had been able to debug with it, on windows 7 + Beyond Debug Key + JN5169.

Since i have upgraded to windows 10, i have not been able to debug on the Beyond studio IDE.  When i checked the installation guide, support is metioned only for windows 7,8. So i did not bother to search for a solution.I has been more than a year now.

But now i am facing an issue and i think Debugger support will be helpful to locate the problematic code. I made a program with Co-ordinator+Light device on one node and on another node runs the example switch apllication. When i send a ON/OFF command, the light node executes the command correctly, also switches the LIght but after a few ON/OFF cycles throws the following error and is reset by a watchdog Reset. - "!!! Alignment error + CPU register values + Stack Dump".

I have some questions :

- Is the Beyond compare, Debugger really not compatible woth windows 10 ?

- any known solutions/workarounds for the incompatibility ?

- What are the probable causes for the "Alignment Error" ?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Raghunathan.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

mailraghunathan
Contributor II

Hallo Mario, The support was not much of a help. I received feedback that the link was working at their end. So I found I way to install windows 7 and got the job done.

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mailraghunathan,

I hope you are doing great.

Could you please try to erase your cookies and cache of your browser?

Let me know your findings.

However, if the issue remains,  please go to http://www.nxp.com/support and open an online service request ticket with the Topic: Ecommerce (Buy Direct); Category: Web Order Tools Questions.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mailraghunathan,

I double-check the status of your request, it was approved. Could you please try to download it again?

Please let me know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mailraghunathan
Contributor II

Hallo Mario,

I received the following email but unfortunately it still does not work. A new web page opens up but no download starts whatsoever. I tried to copy the link and paste - didn't work. I tried even another browser - same problem. Please support.

Thanks in Advance !!

-----------------------------------------------------

Dear raghunathan mohan

Thank you for your patience as we reviewed your download request. Based upon the the updated information you provided, you can now access the file you requested.Please use the link below to access the file:
JN516x JenNet-IP SDK
Link: https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?nodeId=&prodCode=&colCode=JN-SW-4165-SDK&appType=&location=null&...

If you have any difficulties in accessing the file, please go to http://www.nxp.com/support and open an online service request ticket with the Topic: Ecommerce (Buy Direct); Category: Web Order Tools Questions.

A Freescale Support representative will contact you to assist you in downloading the files.

Thank you again for your patience.

Freescale Software Download Administrator

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

mailraghunathan
Contributor II

When i try to download JN-SW-4165 using the link i am led to a "Export Compliance Project Inquiry" page. I had submitted my request in the page already yesterday. I received the following message at the end of submission - "Your request to download this item has been received and forwarded for review. A NXP representative will contact you.Thank you for your interest in NXP."

I have not received a response yet. Please support to get through the Inquiry.

Thanks,

Raghunathan.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @mailraghunathan,

I hope you are doing great.

- Is the Beyond compare, Debugger really not compatible with windows 10 ?

Could you please install the JN-SW-4165? The SW installs a driver and that it the one that you are missing for windows 10.

- What are the probable causes for the "Alignment Error" ?

The issue is because the Load/store address to non-naturally-aligned location. You have to be aware the variable that you are using is in the correct location.

Please let me know your findings.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mailraghunathan
Contributor II

When i try to download JN-SW-4165 using the link i am led to a "Export Compliance Project Inquiry" page. I had submitted my request in the page already yesterday. I received the following message at the end of submission - "Your request to download this item has been received and forwarded for review. A NXP representative will contact you.Thank you for your interest in NXP."

I have not received a response yet. Please support to get through the Inquiry.

Thanks,

Raghunathan.

0 Kudos