Cross Compile NXP WTS DUT Agent for Android platform.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Compile NXP WTS DUT Agent for Android platform.

meetalipatel
Contributor III

Hello NXP Team,

I am trying to cross-compile NXP_WTS_DUT_AGENT (version 1.8) for the Android Platform. I am using a W8897 Wifi-BT chipset and a non-NXP processor running Android OS. 

I am able to compile for a Linux Host machine but not able to cross-compile for Android. I need your help with the same. I have referred the Release Notes but could not find relevant information for my issue.

Thanks & Regards

Meetali Patel

0 Kudos
12 Replies

nandan-khant
Contributor II

Hello @weidong_sun,

Is it required to enable the DMV_PLATFORM_ANDROID flag in Makefile.inc, when compiling/cross-compiling the WTS DUT Agent for the android platform?

Please refer to the attached screenshot for the steps to build given in the release notes of the package.

Is this flag required only for specific platforms or it is for any android device?

Enabling the  DMV_PLATFORM_ANDROID flag will also enable other flags in the Makefile.inc file. Please share the flags required to compile/cross-compile the WTS DUT Agent source for the android platform. Attaching the Makefile.inc for your reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Nandan Khant

0 Kudos

nandan-khant
Contributor II

Hello @weidong_sun ,

I followed the same steps mentioned in the document shared by you for i.MX8MQ processor and Android 11_2.6.0.

I am able to generate the binaries of aarch64 architecture.

When I copied the same binaries and tried to execute the binaries I got the error /system/bin/sh: ./wfa_dut: No such file or directory. Attaching a screenshot for your reference.

Can you please help to create binaries that are executing on the target platform?

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @nandan-khant ,

Probably you should give it executive feature like this:

# chmod a+x ./wfa_dut

then try to execute it.

Regards,

weidong

0 Kudos

nandan-khant
Contributor II

Hello @weidong_sun,

The files already have the executable permissions.

I have tried the command shared by you again, but the result is the same. Getting error of /system/bin/sh: ./wfa_dut: No such file or directory

Attaching a screenshot for your reference.

Thanks & Regards,

Nandan Khant

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @nandan-khant ,

It seems that you want to run it on android command line, right?

If yes, don't do it like this.

you can use adb on linux terminal or windows cmd, then enter into android command line using "sudo adb shell".

Regards,

weidong

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @meetalipatel 

above document has been updated.

Regards,

weidong

0 Kudos

meetalipatel
Contributor III

@weidong_sun We tried the updated steps but the result is the same. The binaries that are generated are for x86 architecture and not ARM. 

Do we need to modify anything in "Makefile.inc" file for the Android platform?

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @meetalipatel ,

In Makefile.inc,

CC = $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc -I /opt/android-aarch64-linux-gnu/gcc-arm-8.3-2019.03-x86_64-aarch64-linux-gnu/aarch64-linux-gnu/libc/usr/include

regards,

weidong

0 Kudos

meetalipatel
Contributor III

@weidong_sun Yes we tried that. What I meant is apart from this change any other CFLAGS related change?

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @meetalipatel ,

I didn't modify others in Makefile.

what I used is arm 8.3 cross compiler and clang.

Regards,

weidong

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

meetalipatel
Contributor III

Thanks for the response @weidong_sun.

I did try to perform the steps you mentioned, but the binary which is generated is for x86 and not for ARM.

Please note that we are setting up the android build environment as given in this link: https://source.android.com/docs/setup/build/building

1. source build/envsetup.sh

2. lunch <our-device>

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @meetalipatel ,

I spent some time in cross compiling the version WTS source code on linux & android, and wrote a document, for you reference.

See attachment, please!

Sorry! Removed and updated it.

Regards,

weidong

0 Kudos